It is always a wise idea to spend more to upgrade from your current frying pan to cookware that looks made up of granite stone. A healthy and safe to use option than using non-coated or coated cooking pans that can release toxic elements during their use are true. Now many of you are excited to know, What is granite stone pan made of!
You can call it either an igneous rock pan. Granite stoneware pans are usually made using stone chips to keep them feel and work as nature friendly. These are the best choice over common non-expensive non-stick pans that comes with Teflon coating on their surface.
What is Granite Stone Pan Made of?
High-grade pressed aluminum is used on the inner layer of a granite stoneware pan. The aluminum core on cookware is good for heat conductivity. Triple layers of food-grade granite are used on the cooking surface.
Also, to ensure their nonstick performance, a natural mineral coating is applied on the top. Many granite cookware is made using porcelain enamel after fusing it at a temperature of 2,000 F.
What are the Benefits of Granite Stoneware Pans?
Here are the reasons behind why it is best to prefer using Granite stone cookware like frying pans over others;
- These pans are also dishwasher-safe and fully PFOA free
- Like other types, Granite pans also comes with a heat-resistant handle provided to keep our hand safe from being burnt or hurt while cooking
- These are generally scratch resistant, you won’t find any scratch marks even after using a steel ladle with it to cook the food
- Due to their fine finish the food slides on these pans smoothly
- Stone cooking utensils are known to not add harmful chemicals to the food.
- No possibility of PFOA
- Since granite stone pans are coated using a natural mineral coating of high quality, they are reliable in quality
- There is not much hassle in using and maintaining them for daily use
- These are designed in a manner such that heat is distributed evenly and quickly everywhere on the cookware.
What to Consider Before Using Granite Stone Pan for Daily Purposes?
You can even use a granite stone pan inside an oven because it is mentioned by the manufacturer in the description of the product. They are known to withstand temperatures at 260°C or 500°F. By the way, never use a Pan that comes with PTFE above 300 degrees Celsius to avoid its coating being harmful to cook food on it.
After all, it is suggested to avoid using the pan at higher heat that can damage it due to many changes in the temperature. In this case, you can use this cookware even for baking purposes that enhance its usability.
A paper towel is the best medium to clean off the granite pans. Use dish soap and mild hot water to properly wash it. Make sure that the pan is cooled down after its use before washing. Avoid using cold water to immerse a hot pan. Cooking spray can form a build-up with time so avoid using the same.
It is said that you do not need to season a granite stone pan since it comes with a scratch-resistant and durable non-stick Teflon coating. However, in practical scenarios depending on the type of food you are cooking on them can damage its non-stick property. So, it would be good to season these pans before their first-time use.
The procedure to do it is to wash the pan using soap and clean water. Let it dry for some time and then apply canola or vegetable oil by light rubbing on the non-stick surface of the pan.
Keep the oiled frying pan on a burner and apply medium heat to it for around one to two minutes. Let the pan cool down for some minutes after turning off the burner and use a paper towel to wipe the excess oil from the surface of the pan. It’s done!
5 Tips to Maintain Granite Stone Cookware
Following are some tricks to ensure a frying pan made of Granite stoneware would be used for a long time ahead;
1) You can at least wash the pan with cold water before using it for the first time.
2) Try to wash the pan using hands using a soft sponge and not a hard scrubber than keeping it inside a dishwasher.
3) Try to always use the pan with a tiny bit of butter or olive oil on it as greasing to avoid any chances of food been to stick to its surface.
4) You need to use utensils that are made using rubber, plastic, or wood than their metallic counterparts. It can help you to avoid any chances of scratch from happening.
5) Prefer to cook your food on medium to low heat as much as possible on regular basis.
Always consider the features of a product before purchasing one. It includes durability, quality of coating, layers, and material used to build cookware. They are made to be available in different sizes to match different cooking needs.
An important fact that you also need to focus on before buying the best granite stone pan for you is its compatibility with any particular stove. One frying pan they might be not usable on all kind of stove.
Thus, a granite stone pan can always enhance the beauty of a kitchen and encourages a good mood every time of the people who use it for cooking their food. For many of you having granite cookware in the home is a status symbol as well! Overall, Granite Stone Pans are efficient, versatile, and durable in use with an eye-catching exterior.
Read more blog: Is granite stone cookware good for health?