New to electric deep fryers? Well, it is an indoor or outdoor usable kitchen appliance that allows cooking food heated to high temperatures in deep oils and fats. Electric deep fryers offer a unique cooking style that gives almost any vegetable or protein a delicious and crispy taste. Deep fryers offer easy usability, which can be difficult for you if you do not know the proper cooking process. Therefore, knowing how to use an electric deep fryer can be handy. However, you can learn how to use an electric deep fryer with reliable guidance, keep following this context.
- 1 How to Use Electric Deep Fryer
- 2 What Oil Can You Use in a Deep Fryer?
- 3 Safety Precaution to Use Electric Deep Fryer
- 4 Electric Deep Fryer Maintains Tips
- 5 Closing Thoughts
How to Use Electric Deep Fryer
It is really worth knowing the appropriate process to use an electric deep fryer. Simply follow the below-mentioned electric deep fryer using procedure.
1. Prepare the Fryer Pour the Right Amount of Oil
First, you need to prepare the fryer by plugging it in. Then use your desired and electric deep fryer compatible oil and pour the right amount of oil. However, most of the fryer comes with a “maximum fill line,” so use it as a borderline. On the other hand, most deep fryers need 6 and 19 cups of oil to fry food. Using 12 cups of oil will be ideal for frying.
2. Turn it on and Set the Proper Temperature Level
After pouring the right amount of oil, you have to turn on the fryer and set the appropriate temperature level. However, different food requires different temperature levels, so you have to be careful about it.
Moreover, a modern electric deep fryer will automatically regulate the temperature level after setting the temperature level manually. However, the ideal temperature level for frying in a deep-fryer is 325 to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Lower Food Into the Oil
Electric deep fryer generally takes 10 to 15 minutes to heat up, which is completely dependent on the chosen temperature range. Once the indicator light is on, the fryer is ready for work. Make sure your food is dry before lower because water can make the water make the oil splatter and bubble.
Put your food in the fryer basket and lower the basket slowly and carefully in the oil tank. Add the delicate food in a single layer to the basket to prevent food from sticking together.
4. Cover the Fryer
Most of the electric fryers come with a cover system. After lowering the food into the water, now use the cover to cover the fryer. It will keep the spatters away, and it will keep your counters clean.
You do not have to check the frying status frequently because deep fryers regulate the fryers automatically. Since there is no risk of food overflowing issues, you will never need to sit alongside the fryer.
5. Watch the Cook Time
Different types of deep fryer recipes require different times to be completely cooked; this is why it’s hard to estimate the average time. If you want to fry chicken, it will take 12 to 15 minutes, where french fries will only take 6 to 10 minutes. However, some electric deep fryers come with built-in timer systems. So you can take advantage of the timer.
6. Remove the Food from the Deep Fryer
When the timer is up, the fried food should come with a beautiful golden color. Once frying is complete, now carefully take off the frying basket from the deep fryer. Be careful while removing the fryer basket because it can splatter the hot oil.
If your fryer has a basket resting position, set the basket there to drain the excess cooking oil. Or if your fryer does not have a basket resting system, then hold the basket yourself.
7. Plate up and Eat
Now place the food on drying over a baking tray. You can also place the food over some paper towels to remove the excess oil. Once the oil is completely drained, fried foods are ready to serve. Now simply plate up the fried foods and serve to eat.
What Oil Can You Use in a Deep Fryer?
An electric deep fryer is a delicate kitchen appliance that can give you both a good and worst frying experience. If you never want to experience a bad frying experience, you have to use the right quality oil. For an electric fryer, you have to use frying oil with a high smoke point.
There are plenty of types of oil you will find suitable for deep fryers and have a high smoke point. Peanut oil, grapeseed oil, canola oil, sunflower oil, and vegetable oil have a high smoke point. According to the cooking expert, using vegetable oil can be a good option.
However, Peanut oil smoke points at 450 F and canola oil is at 400 F, and both provide great natural flavor for frying. As most of the electric deep fryer comes with 350 to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, then Peanut and canola both oil also can be a great choice.
Safety Precaution to Use Electric Deep Fryer
When it’s about using a deep fryer, you must follow some safety precautions to prevent all incidents. However, here we have included some safety tips that you need to follow.
- Always fill the oil tank by maintaining the fill line. Overfilling can cause hot oil spills and leave you with a terrible burn.
- Never use olive oil for frying purposes on an electric deep fryer. Olive oil is not suitable for frying on a deep fryer because it has low smoke point issues.
- Never touch the fryer when it is on because the heat will cause several burn issues.
- While the electric fryer is ‘on,” then watch out for the cord because a loose cord can cause electrical problems.
- Use only dry food items and also make sure no water splashes into the oil basket. Water splashes will expand up to dangerous levels and push the fire upwards.
- Never drain the oil or try to clean the fryer after immediate use. Let the fryer cool down and reach room temperature.
Electric Deep Fryer Maintains Tips
Along with knowing proper usability and safety tips, you also need to follow appropriate electric fryer maintenance tips. Proper maintenance will ensure long-time usability; follow below to get some proper maintenance tips.
- If you use the fryer on a daily basis, then try to clean it frequently to prevent grime buildup. Never put the deep fryer in a sink or dishwasher.
- You also need to change the oil or either filter it to use it again. Otherwise, the old oil will ruin the fried food taste.
- You need to use a remover to remove built-in components from each heating element. We recommend you use a scrubbing brush to remove built-in elements from the heating coils. It’ll improve heating efficiency.
- After using, let it cool down and drain the oil and empty the fryer’s inside. Wash the frying basket and other washable elements.
- Use a soft cloth to wipe off the inside and outside of the electric fryer. After that, always store it in a cool place.
This is all about the eclectic deep fryer using process. Now you know how to use an electric deep fryer and how to maintain your fryer. You also know what safety prediction you should follow while using this kitchen appliance. Safety tips will keep you safe from burns and grease. Deep-frying adds a great flavor and texture to food that is barely possible to cook with any other cooking method. Therefore, simply follow the given guidelines and enjoy crispy fried food with a rich taste. Tell us about your first attempt with an electric deep fryer, and how was the experience? Share with us. Thanks for staying tuned, have a blissful day.