Cook exhaust fans may be more necessary than people believe. These appliances remove the smell of cooking odors from the air. They also keep the air clean and free of any smoke from your stovetop. Some are used to vent shops or garages and attic areas to keep the air fresh and moving. There are a variety of different brands and models on the market today. Which is the best? We’ve put together a review of the top 10 cook exhaust fans. Here you’ll find complete descriptions for each model, along with the pros and cons. Afterward, read our buyer’s guide to know what to look for to find the perfect cook exhaust fan for your situation.
- 1 10 Best Cook Exhaust Fans Review and Features
- 1.1 1. iLiving – 16″ Wall Mounted Exhaust Fan
- 1.2 2. Power HIFANXEXHAUST12CTB 12 Inch Variable Shutter Exhaust Fan
- 1.3 3. Maxx Air Powerful Industrial Exhaust and Ventilation Fan (14 Inch)
- 1.4 4. iLiving – 18″ Wall Mounted Exhaust Fan
- 1.5 5. AC Infinity AIRLIFT T10, Shutter Exhaust Fan 10-inch
- 1.6 6. iLIVING ILG8SF10V-T 10 inch Shutter Exhaust Fan
- 1.7 7. Broan-Nutone 507 Chain-Operated Ventilation Fan
- 1.8 8. Broan-Nutone 504 Exhaust Fan
- 1.9 9. Panasonic FV-1115VQ1 WhisperCeiling DC Ventilation Fan
- 1.10 10. AC Infinity AIRLIFT S14, Shutter Exhaust Fan
- 1.11 Buying Guide for Cook Exhaust Fan
- 1.12 Frequently Asked Question FAQs:
- 2 Conclusion
10 Best Cook Exhaust Fans Review and Features
1. iLiving – 16″ Wall Mounted Exhaust Fan
The iLiving 16-inch Wall Mounted Exhaust Fan is a cooking exhaust fan that installs into a wall for venting of garages, attics, or shops. The fan is useful for cooling and ventilating any space in your home or garage. It can even reduce your power bills by keeping hot areas of the home cooler. It is also useful for larger kitchen areas with convenient recessed wall mounting to pull large amounts of smoke and condensation from ranges up and away from the kitchen area.
- Versatile fan can be used in large areas for kitchens, shops, greenhouses, and more.
- Vented flaps that help to regulate the airflow. They close when the fan is not in use.
- Helps to lower room temperature
- Good volume for suction of air without recirculating it.
- Also good to use in computer rooms for ventilation
- Some vibration noise when in operation with some units.
2. Power HIFANXEXHAUST12CTB 12 Inch Variable Shutter Exhaust Fan
The Power exhaust fan is a 12-inch sized shutter-style exhaust fan with shutters that automatically open and close. This unit is versatile and can be used in your kitchen, chicken coop, greenhouse, garage, attic, or other areas to provide optimized cooling and air movement along with the extraction of hot air, cooking odors, condensation, and more. The speed of the fan is adjustable with a choice of 3 variable speed settings including high, medium, and low. It mounts easily to an opening in the wall or can be placed in a window in the room where it is needed the most.
- Well-built and sturdy louvers
- Commercial grade feel to the material
- Works well with a timer system
- Excellent exhaust functions with plenty of power
- Adjustable speeds are convenient
- The fan is a little noisy
3. Maxx Air Powerful Industrial Exhaust and Ventilation Fan (14 Inch)
This is an industrial grade exhaust fan in a 14-inch size that measures 13x18x18 inches. It can fit into an opening of 17.25″ x 17.25″ in any wall or ceiling. It comes with a shutter system that folds over the fan for an attractive aesthetic. It hides the blades to make them more attractive in any room that it’s installed. This is a versatile ventilation fan that can be used in home kitchens, restaurants, gyms, industrial areas, garages, and more. It’s powerful for removing condensation, heat, unwanted odors, and contaminants from the air.
- This fans is powerful in moving air
- It can be used for multiple rooms and purposes
- A good value for the reasonable price
- Ideal for kitchens, restaurants both home or commercial
- Durable and strong fan is well-built
- The louvers are not sealed around the edges
4. iLiving – 18″ Wall Mounted Exhaust Fan
This is a larger sized exhaust fan that is ideal for restaurants, homes with big kitchens, large shops, or other spaces that need ventilation. Operating this fan helps to remove contaminants, smoke, or cooking odors from the air. It’s also ideal for attics, garages, and sheds. The metal construction is corrosion resistant with attractive stainless steel shutters that open and close as needed. The motor is completely enclosed with permanent lubrication for easy maintenance. It’s a variable-speed fan that can be adjustable to meet your ventilation needs.
- Solid built fan with sturdy materials
- There are several ways to install the fan. This makes it convenient and versatile.
- It comes with a remote for easy control
- Powerful fan that moves a lot of air
- Good for cleaning the air
- The fan is a little loud
5. AC Infinity AIRLIFT T10, Shutter Exhaust Fan 10-inch
This small-sized ventilation and a cooling fan work perfectly as a kitchen exhaust fan. It’s ideal for smaller areas with the versatility of multi-use functions. It’s good for small sheds, greenhouses, shops, or other areas that need more ventilation. It helps to cool the air and cut down on your utility bills. The convenient wall mounting feature makes it easy to install and use.
- Quality construction with a premium feel for sturdiness
- Powerful fan that moves a lot of air for its size
- Easy to install
- Operates more quietly than most exhaust fans
- Removes cooking odors from the kitchen and gets rid of the humidity
- Large gap between the slats that you can see through
6. iLIVING ILG8SF10V-T 10 inch Shutter Exhaust Fan
The iLiving 10-inch Shutter Exhaust fan is versatile and can be used in a variety of different rooms. It’s compact in size but powerful when it comes to venting air. It’s constructed of heavy-duty corrosion-resistant alloy steel with high-grade aluminum shutters. It’s ideal for use as a cooking exhaust fan for kitchens, or to remove contaminants in shops and garages, and other rooms. It cools and ventilates almost any type of space. The motor is fully enclosed with permanent lubrication for hassle-free maintenance.
- This fan is easy to install
- It doesn’t need to be hard-wired in, but it can be
- Wall mounting lets you recess the fan for an attractive look in any room
- Shutters close to hid the fan when it’s not being used
- Powerful movement of air helps to remove cooking odors, smoke, and humidity
- The louvers need to be tighter
7. Broan-Nutone 507 Chain-Operated Ventilation Fan
The Broan Nutone 507 is a chain operated ventilation fan that is good for kitchen installation as an exhaust fan. It’s an affordable unit that is made of white plastic that fits in with any decor. This is a small fan that measures 8 inches for smaller spaces including kitchens, sheds, attics, shops, and a variety of other places. It’s good for eliminating tobacco smoke, cooking odors, and contaminants in the air.
- Pull chain operation is convenient
- The fan is easy to install in a small opening on the ceiling or wall
- Pwrful for its size
- Contemporary design is attractive in white.
- Foam insulation makes it more energy efficient.
- Plastic material is not as durable as the metal
8. Broan-Nutone 504 Exhaust Fan
The Broan-Nutone 504 is a small 10-inch ceiling ventilation fan that provides a vertical discharge. The white color makes it versatile for use with any kitchen decorating scheme. This decorative fan can be used in any room in the house to eliminate cooking odors, tobacco smoke, or humidity. It has a solid construction of galvanized steel and installs easily between ceiling joists. It operates efficiently to save money on electricity with Energy Star certification.
- Can be used in small garages for ventilation and cooling the air inside on hot days
- Solidly built and sturdy
- Works well with a wired thermostat
- Easy to install
- Strong fan that is perfect for small rooms
- Installation instructions are not clear
9. Panasonic FV-1115VQ1 WhisperCeiling DC Ventilation Fan
The Panasonic Whisper Ceiling fan is ideal for small kitchens for use as a cook exhaust fan. It has a 6-inch duct with precision spot ventilation features. This tiny fan delivers powerful and quiet ventilation that removes cooking odors, moisture, and tobacco smoke. The Pick-A-Flow speed selector gives you control over the airflow with three different speeds. This is a powerful and quiet cooking exhaust fan that is ideal for small to medium-sized kitchens and more.
- Very quiet operation
- Can be used in any room of the house or your greenhouse, garage, or attic
- Choice of speeds makes it convenient to use the fan under different circumstances
- Low noise does no disturb other rooms of the house
- Powerful air movement
- 10-second delay before engaging speed changes takes getting used to
10. AC Infinity AIRLIFT S14, Shutter Exhaust Fan
The AC Infinity brand Airlift S14 exhaust fan is a good-sized 14-inch fan that moves a large amount of air in large areas. You can also lower the fan speed for smaller areas with the speed controller. It conveniently and easily mounts into a wall or ceiling to remove contaminants, food odor, or other annoyances in the air while cooling the surrounding areas. It’s a versatile exhaust fan that can be used in a variety of different rooms and buildings.
- Controls humidity very well
- The remote feature makes it easy to change the speed
- Powerful unit that moves a lot of air
- Cools outbuildings on hot days with wide coverage for larger spaces
- Quality build made of strong materials
- The fan is a little noisy
Buying Guide for Cook Exhaust Fan
Our cook exhaust fan reviews give you the 10 best units on the market today. We offer a variety of brands, models, and sizes for your consideration. How do you choose the right model? We have some tips and suggestions to help you find the model that best suits your situation the first time around.
The first thing to think about is the right size of cook exhaust fan that you need. How large is the kitchen or other area that you plan to install it in? Do you need exhaust and cooling functions over a large space or a small one? How much room is there for the installation of a fan? You might need to measure the area to make sure that the unit you buy will fit into the amount of space that you have. If you plan to buy a 14-inch fan, read the specifications because you will need a space that is bigger than 14 inches available to install it. If you have a small area you can probably get by with a 6, 8, or 10-inch fan. If the area is larger you can go up to an 18-inch size for the maximum coverage. Make sure you buy the right size to fit your needs.
Each cook exhaust fan in our reviews has different features to give you a better choice. For example, some units offer convenience features such as a remote control to turn it on and off and control the variable speeds. Some are compatible with switches and times that are installed in the wall or ceiling. Some units are versatile and can be mounted in a wall or ceiling, or placed in a window to make them portable for use in several different locations. Find the cook exhaust fan that offers the most useful features that meet your needs and your individual situation. Automatic shutters or louvers are another feature that open when the unit is being used, and close when it is not in use. This makes them more attractive and less noticeable.
When you’re shopping for the best exhaust fan, think about your interior decor. These fans are made in a variety of different styles and color options. Many of them are made of metal with an attractive silver or stainless steel finish. Some are white for greater versatility to fit into the decorating scheme of your kitchen or other rooms.
Quality of build
The next consideration to make is the quality of the exhaust fan you’re thinking about buying. It’s always best to go with the most durable unit so you won’t have to replace it as soon. Look for fans that are made of strong materials that will hold up for years. Some are made of metals such as steel alloys or durable aluminum alloys. These are much stronger than plastic, but they are also more expensive usually. They tend to hold up for a lot longer and they’re usually a better value for the cost. Also, look for exhaust fans that have an enclosed and lubricated motor. This makes them stronger and more protected from dust contamination. The sealed motors will last longer and you won’t need to take them apart for cleaning and lubrication. Pre-lubed units do not require much maintenance to keep them running at their peak performance.
If you are working with a budget, it’s best to determine how much you can or are willing to spend on a cook exhaust fan. Once you know what you have to work with, look for the best unit that you can get for your money. Choose the units that are within your set price range, then compare them to find the unit that is affordable and has the features that come the closest to meeting your needs.
Frequently Asked Question FAQs:
Question: How do I find out the CFMs of a Unit?
Answer: Refer to the specifications in the descriptions of the unit. You can find this information by researching the specific model in question online.
Question: Does it use 120 Watts or 220 Watts?
Answer: The wattage that is required to operate the exhaust fan is found in the description of the product. You can also find this information for each unit by looking up the brand and model number online. Most small to medium-sized units require electrical outlets that supply 120 watts of power but double-check to be sure.
Question: Can you mount the speed control anywhere or must it be attached to the fan?
Answer: Each exhaust fan unit is different, so you need to refer to the product specifications. Most of these controllers must be attached to the fan with a corded connection to the controller module unless it is a remote model.
Question: What size of the opening is required to mount an exhaust fan?
Answer: The size of the opening varies from one fan to another. It depends on the size of the frame, not the size of the fan blades. You must look at the product specifications for each different unit to determine the size of the opening that is needed. It must be large enough to accommodate the size of the mounting frame.
The best cook exhaust fan is the one that most closely meets your needs and your situation. Our buyer’s guide gives you several tips on how to determine what model, size, and style would work best for you. There isn’t a one size fits all, so it’s important to match your requirements with the fan that comes the closest. The best fan isn’t necessarily the most expensive either. If you follow our recommendations you will be able to make the best possible choice for an exhaust fan that you will be pleased with for years to come. We hope that you’ve found this buyer’s guide and cook exhaust fans useful.
Best Deals Cook Exhaust Fans For This Week
Related Review Articles: