Cooking with gas power is a clean and less expensive alternative to electric ranges. These stoves come with cooking surfaces that are raised to keep pots and pans at the ideal level above the flames for even cooking. You can find them in a variety of styles and sizes to meet your household cooking needs. What is the best gas cooktop? We offer the 10 most highly rated cooktops for your consideration. Here you’ll find a variety of styles to meet every individual need. We include full descriptions including what we liked about them and what we didn’t. You’ll also find a buyer’s guide to help you decide which gas cooktop is the best option for you. You’ll find tips that help you know what to look for, along with an FAQ section near the nd.
- 1 10 Best Gas Cooktop Review and Features
- 1.1 1. Frigidaire FGGC3047QS Gallery 30”
- 1.2 2. Frigidaire Gallery 36 Inch Stainless Steel Gas Cooktop, FGGC3645QS
- 1.3 3. Thorkitchen Pro-Style Gas Rangetop with 6 Sealed Burners 36″
- 1.4 4. Frigidaire FGGC3047QB Gallery 30-Inch Gas Cooktop, Black
- 1.5 5. Bosch 800 Series 30″ Stainless Steel 5 Burner Gas Cooktop
- 1.6 6. Bosch NGM8656UC 800 Series 36 Stainless 5 Burner Gas Cooktop
- 1.7 7. GE PGP7036SLSS 36 Built-In Gas Cooktop
- 1.8 8. Frigidaire Gallery 30 Inch Gas, Black 4-Burner Range
- 1.9 9. ROBAM G513 30” Gas Cooktop Stove
- 1.10 10. FOTILE 30” Stainless Steel 5-Burner Gas Cooktop
- 1.11 Buying Guide for the Best Gas Cooktop
- 1.12 FAQs:
- 2 Conclusion
10 Best Gas Cooktop Review and Features
1. Frigidaire FGGC3047QS Gallery 30”
The Frigidaire Gas Cooktop provides 5 burners for cooking larger meals for families and friends. Cast iron grates detach for easy cleaning. They may be put in a dishwasher. The front controls are angled. This makes them easy to use. The size is 30″ x 4.25 x 21.75 to fit into most standard spaces in the home.
- 5 burners for cooking for a crowd
- Pots and pans slide across the corner to corner grates easily. No heavy lifting required
- Dishwasher safe cast iron grates are removable and easy to clean
- Sturdy and durable cast iron construction for long life
- Middle burner is convenient with more cooking space
- Some units have come with a crack on the grate from the manufacturer
2. Frigidaire Gallery 36 Inch Stainless Steel Gas Cooktop, FGGC3645QS
This is Fridigaire’s Galler in a larger 36-inch version. It’s one of the best gas cooktop choices for larger kitchens. The cooktop features stainless steel construction for strength and durability. The controls are angled for your convenience. The express-select control feature lets you adjust the temperature easily from warm to boil. The middle burner is convenient as an extra heating source to cook larger meals.
- The right front burner is 12,000 BTU and the right rear is 5,000 BTU. Nice feature
- Convenient angle bracket to remove and attach cooktop grate for easy cleaning
- Sleek and modern design. Attractive look for modern kitchens
- High-quality design is well-built, strong, and durable
- Steady heat for even cooking
- The brushed stainless steel finish is harder to clean than a polished finish
3. Thorkitchen Pro-Style Gas Rangetop with 6 Sealed Burners 36″
This is a 6 burner stove that gives you, even more, cook space for preparing meals for larger groups. This deluxe gas cooktop is one of the best for large families or people who entertain guests. The 36-inch size allows for more room for food preparation. It’s made for your convenience with 3 burners in the front and 3 in the back with variable BTU ratings for temperature adjustment. The black porcelain top is an attractive feature that makes it the showpiece of your modern kitchen.
- 6 burners for cooking convenience and large capacity
- Sealed burners are easy to clean. They keep spills on the surface
- Heavy during cooking grate is ideal for cast iron and heavy pans
- Drip pan on the cooktop is convenient for catching spills
- Easy to install and use
- Some units arrived with the knobs in the wrong order
4. Frigidaire FGGC3047QB Gallery 30-Inch Gas Cooktop, Black
This gas cooktop is a smaller size in 30 inches for smaller homes and apartments. The cooktop offers five convenient burners with a center burner for extra cooking space. This is an electronic pilotless model that is strong and durable for moving heavy pots and pans across the continuous corner to corner grates. The grate is dishwasher safe and easy to clean grates for easy cleanup.
- Easy to install and use
- Clean and even cooking with gas heat
- The middle burner is convenient
- Cooktop grates detach with ease for dishwasher cleaning fast and easy
- Durable andattractive construction. Good cooktop
- Clips that hold cooktop grate in place can be hard to use for removal
5. Bosch 800 Series 30″ Stainless Steel 5 Burner Gas Cooktop
30-inch stainless steel gas cooktop is a replacement model with 5 heating elements. This is a compact unit that provides you with deluxe cooking space for large meal preparation or multiple courses. It’s conveniently designed with a middle burner for an extra pot. It fits into smaller spaces, ideal for apartments or small kitchen spaces.
- Plenty of cooking space in a smaller more compact unit
- Burners cook food evenly with clean gas power
- Corner to corner grate protects stovetop from accidental pan drops
- Easy to clean in the dishwasher. Convenient maintenance
- Attractive and strong cooktop that looks like new longer with minimal effort
- Some cooktops come with defects in the knobs but the manufacturer issues replacements
6. Bosch NGM8656UC 800 Series 36 Stainless 5 Burner Gas Cooktop
Bosch 800 Series is a large model made for kitchens with plenty of space. The cooktop features 5 burners that are sealed for easy and convenient cleaning with a special OptiSim burner that is made just for simmering. Electronic reignition makes this modern gas cooktop easy to operate.
- Good for making large meals without waiting for a burner to become available
- Even heat distribution for reliable and even heating of pots and pans
- Easy to clean burners and cooktop
- Simmering burner is ideal for smaller pots
- Sturdy construction, overall excellent quality
- Grates are too high off the burner for some consumers
7. GE PGP7036SLSS 36 Built-In Gas Cooktop
This is a larger gas cooktop that features 5 burners with a middle burner for convenient pan placement. The larger size of the cooktop makes it easier to use multiple large pots and pans at the same time. The solid construction makes this model a good investment for years of convenient use.
- Professional aesthetic in a modern and attractive styling
- Heavy duty grates hold up well over time
- Easy to clean and maintenance
- Simple installation and easy to operate the cooktop
- Ideal for making big meals
- Metal looking control knobs are painted over plastic. The quality could be improved
8. Frigidaire Gallery 30 Inch Gas, Black 4-Burner Range
This is a compact 30-inch gas cooktop made for smaller kitchens. It comes with 4 burners for smaller families that don’t need the extra fifth burners in most models. This is one of the best gas cooktops for small kitchens because it is versatile yet strong and durable for years of reliable use.
- Attrative black cooktop looks sharp and sophisticated
- Various BTU burners are a nice feature for simmering vs searing
- Small compact size ideal for apartments and small kitchens
- Four burners are good for smaller families that need a standard size
- Easy to install and use, and cleans up without a hassle
- Slight learning curve. Some burners can go up higher than others, but a good feature after you learn
9. ROBAM G513 30” Gas Cooktop Stove
The Robam 30″ gas cooktop is an elegant minimalist design with 5 Italian-made Defendi burners that are made of pure copper. It features a built-in flame failure system for safety. Cast iron grates are sturdy and attractive with a matte finish. This cooktop has the appearance of high-end cooktops that gives your kitchen a modern and elegant look.
- Safety cut off system gives you peace of mind for household safety
- Nice compact size for smaller kitchens
- Five burners are ideal for cooking large meals for guests and family, even cooking and precise temp control
- Grates are easy to clean
- Attractive and stylish cooktop with premium materials
- The knobs feel loose
10. FOTILE 30” Stainless Steel 5-Burner Gas Cooktop
The Fotile 30-inch gas cooktop is a versatile compact unit that is perfect for smaller kitchen spaces. The outstanding feature of this cooktop is the tri-ring culinary-grade burners. The center burner of this five-burner cooktop is versatile for stir fry, pan-frying, searing, or boiling. Two burners are dedicated to simmering functions.
- Versatile cooktop with dedicated burners for different cooking functions
- Seamless sealed burners make cleaning quick and easy
- Even cooking temperatures for precision temperature control
- Knobs are heat resistant and resistant to damage from heat
- Five burners are ideal for cooking bigger meals for large families or entertaining guests
- Brass ring in the center burner stains easily and is difficult to clean
Buying Guide for the Best Gas Cooktop
When you are looking for the best gas cooktop, keep in mind that the best means it works the best for you. We all have our individual needs and they’re not always the same. This is why there are so many different brands and models available on the market today. This guide is intended to help you know how to determine which gas cooktop is right for your household. It shows you the questions to ask yourself before you make your final selection, to find the most suitable cooktop for your situation.
Do You Have a Budget?
If you are working with a budget, then figure out the maximum amount that you are willing to spend. You can save some time in your decision process by removing the cooktops that are over your allowed budget. This is the first consideration to make when looking for the best gas cooktop. The most expensive isn’t necessarily the best, but neither is the cheapest. Find the cooktop that best meets your needs and preferences for the amount of money you have to spend.
How Big is Your Kitchen?
Another consideration is the size of the cooktop. It’s wise to measure the space that is available to place a new cooktop range. Usually, gas cooktop ranges come in sizes that range from 30 inches in width to 36 inches in width. You need to buy a new cooktop that will fit in the space that you have available for it. Make sure that the cooktop you order will fit unless you plan to remodel and make a space that is large enough for it to fit. Also consider the other dimensions of the cooktop including the width, height, and depth.
How Much Do You Cook at Home?
Do you do a lot of cooking in your home or do you at out more? This is an important consideration to make when choosing a new cooktop. If you do large volumes of cooking at your home, then you might need a larger cooktop that offers more space for pots and pans for the convenience of it. Buy a strong and well-made cooktop that is easy to clean and is made to hold up under frequent use. You can find this information in the description of each new cooktop.
How Many People Do You Cook For?
The number of people that you cook for regularly is important to consider. If you cook for a large family or frequently cook for guests, you may need a larger cooktop with five to six burners. This will give you plenty of room on the top of the range for several pots and pans going at the same time. It’s more convenient than waiting to finish one part of the meal and waiting for a burner to open up. Having more burners can make large-scale cooking tasks go a lot faster so you can finish the job faster.
What Features Do You Prefer?
The best gas cooktops in our reviews each have unique features that set them apart. Some come with removable grates that can easily be cleaned in the dishwasher. This is a feature that makes them more convenient with easier upkeep and maintenance. Sealed burners are another feature that helps with cleaning. It prevents foods from falling inside and making a mess on the inside of the cooktop, which is harder to clean. Some cooktops come with built-in safety features that automatically turn off the gas supply if there is a failure in the ignition to help prevent accidental gas leaks and the threat to your safety. A few other features to consider are angled knobs, the kinds of materials used, the height of the grate from the flame of the burners, and the height of the cooktop in consideration to your height and the ideal cooking level for your comfort.
What Style Goes Best With Your Kitchen?
Also, consider which style will fit in best with the decorating scheme of your kitchen. Some of the cooktops in our list are made with a more sophisticated look for fancier more expensive looks. Some cooktops are made with a minimalist design. They come in white porcelain black porcelain, a variety of durable glass top options, and they are available in different designs. Which style best fits in with the decor of your existing kitchen? While this isn’t the most important consideration, it’s nice to have something that enhances the appearance of your home.
Question: Is it easy to use?
Answer: Some gas cooktops are more user-friendly than others. While most are easy to operate, it is always wise to start with the user manual that is included with every new cooktop. This will explain in detail how to use each feature of the unit. It eliminates the need to go with the trial and error method of learning.
Question: Is gas better than electricity?
Answer: This is a matter of preference. There are some advantages that gas cooktops offer over electric cooktops. Gas power is less expensive than electricity. It also tends to provide more even cooking temperatures. Most of the gas stoves in our review offer precision control over the temperatures. Some burners are specifically dedicated to low heat simmering. Others are good for searing and other high heat functions like stir-frying. Gas heat is a clean energy source that can save you money on your monthly utility bills.
Question: How do I clean a gas cooktop?
Answer: Cleaning and maintenance instructions are included with each new cooktop. Some come with removable grates that can be cleaned in the dishwasher.
Question? How long is the warranty on a gas cooktop?
Answer: Each cooktop comes with a separate warranty. Before you purchase a cooktop you should read the warranty information that is provided by the manufacturer. In some cases, you can buy an extended warranty. The warranties range from one to five years in general.
The best gas cooktop is the one that comes the closest to meeting your needs and preferences, within your budget. It’s best to look at several reviews to let you know what features are available. You might find a new feature that you didn’t know existed. We offer a choice of 10 different gas cooktops in various brands, sizes, and styles. Choose the most affordable cooktop that will fit in your kitchen and provide you with the best convenience to meet your individual needs. Each cooktop in our review is ranked at the top of the most highly recommended cooktops by users who have purchased, used them, and gave their opinions.
Best Deals Gas Cooktop For This Week
|1||Frigidaire FGGC3047QS Gallery 30'' Gas Cooktop in Stainless Steel, 5 Burner||367 Reviews||$689.59||Buy on Amazon|
|2||Frigidaire Professional 30-Inch Gas Cooktop, Stainless Steel, 5 Burners, Liquid Propane...||209 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
|3||Frigidaire Gallery 36 Inch Stainless Steel Gas Cooktop, 5-Burner Range with Liquid Propane Cooktop...||190 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
Related Review Articles: