French fries are a popular food that can be prepared in a variety of ways. The best french fry cutters come with features that give you choices for the style and size of the french fries they produce. Not all french fry cutters are the same. Some are simple models that cut the fries in one style, while others are more diverse. We offer an assortment of different cutters to help you find the right one. Learn everything you need to know here with our review of the 10 best french fry cutters and buyer’s guide.
- 1 10 Best French Fry Cutter Reviews and Features
- 1.1 1. New Star Foodservice 42306 Commercial Grade French Fry Cutter
- 1.2 2. Sopito Professional French Fry Cutter
- 1.3 3. POP AirFry Mate, Stainless Steel French Fry Cutter
- 1.4 4. Zalik French Fry Cutter and Potato Slicer
- 1.5 5. Simposh Easy Food Dicer and French Fry Cutter
- 1.6 6. Reliatronic French Fry Cutter
- 1.7 7. Once For All Adjustable Mandoline Slicer Safe Vegetable Slicer
- 1.8 8. Happybuy Commercial Vegetable Fruit Chopper
- 1.9 9. ROVSUN Upgraded Patented Commercial French Fry Cutter
- 1.10 10. GOFLAME French Fry Cutter
- 1.11 French Fry Cutter Buying Guide
- 1.12 FAQs:
- 2 Conclusion
10 Best French Fry Cutter Reviews and Features
1. New Star Foodservice 42306 Commercial Grade French Fry Cutter
Commercial grade french fry/potato cutter that makes homemade fries fast and easy. Suction feet hold the unit securely to the table or countertop for safety and convenience. Make french fries effortlessly with an easy-to-use french fry cutter and food dicer. It comes with 2 interchangeable blades that work for a variety of fruits and vegetables.
- Strong and Durable design made of cast iron for years of dependable use
- Stainless steel blades that resist corrosion and rust
- Combo set comes with 1/4 and 1/2 inch blades for different sizes
- Versatile cutter is good for making french fries, chips, cutting and dicing fruits and vegetables
- Easy to operate for cafe-quality french fries with uniform size
- Sharp blades make fries and vegetable chips with little effort
- Heavy-duty blades cut through foods fast
- Far stronger than plastic versions by other brands
- Easy to clean and maintain after use
- Sturdy build and materials hold up well over time
- This unit is heavy. It weighs 11 pounds
- Hard foods like yams bend blades. Microwave them first to solve the issue
This cutter is versatile and good for cutting a variety of fruits and vegetables. It also dices foods. It’s sturdy and well built, although a little heavy. Some harder vegetables may need to be microwaved to avoid bending the blades. Overall, it’s one of the most versatile French fry cutters on the market today.
2. Sopito Professional French Fry Cutter
Professional grade cutter for potatoes, cucumbers, and carrots. 1/2-inch blade cuts square french fries. It’s also ideal for zucchini and making diced vegetables faster.
- Stainless steel blade is corrosion-resistant restaurant-grade for years of reliable use
- Lightweight unit weighs just under 5 pounds
- Ergonomic handle with extension requires less effort
- Cutter accepts potatoes up to 3.51 inches eliminating quartering or halving
- Compact size doesn’t take up much counter space and stores in small areas
- Cleans easily with water
- Sturdy and well-made with metal components
- Blades are sharp for fast cutting action
- Versatile for cutting a variety of vegetables fast
- The lightweight makes it easier to use than bulky heavy cutters
- Cleans fast with hot water and air drying
- Only comes with one blade size
The Sopito cutter is a small, compact unit that has razor-sharp blades. It’s the best french fry cutter for small homes and apartments because of its lightweight and compact size. It would also be a good cutter to keep in your RV for travel because of its versatility.
3. POP AirFry Mate, Stainless Steel French Fry Cutter
Enjoy homemade french fries that are fast and easy to make. This slicer is commercial grade. It comes with 2 blades of different sizes. It cuts potatoes and other vegetables quickly for delicious homemade meals. It’s the ideal companion for preparing food for the air fryer.
- Commercial grade stainless steel lever and blades are strong and durable for long life
- No-slip suction base for secure mounting anywhere
- Combo pack with two blades for different size options
- Large 4-inch capacity accommodates large potatoes without halving them
- Fast and easy washing
- Easy to operate with minimal effort
- Sharp blades cut french fries quick and easy
- Easy to clean
- Makes a variety of different foods, cuts, and slices all types of veggies
- Well made blades that are strong and sharp right out of the box
- Comes with a spiralizer blade for making cool shapes
- Blades are difficult to remove when changing or cleaning
This unit is the best french fry cutter for small to medium-sized potatoes and veggies. The spiral cutter also makes unique designs for an appetizing appearance.
4. Zalik French Fry Cutter and Potato Slicer
Zalik offers the best french fry cutter for heavy-duty jobs. The design and construction are commercial grades. It’s the heaviest-duty and strongest potato cutter on the market today. It makes large quantities of french fries, sliced zucchini, and other vegetables.
- Combo slicer with 2 stainless steel blades for varying sizes of french fries
- Commercial-grade materials are strong and durable
- Suction base for no-slip slicing ease
- Stainless steel blades resist rust and corrosion for long life
- Easy to clean and maintain with minimal effort
- Sharp blades that cut fast with ease
- Fries shoot out of blades fast for production cutting on large batches
- Great for slicing long potatoes with its extra length
- Makes different sizes for a variety
- Plastic handle would be better if it was metal
The Zalik is the best french fry cutter for making big batches. The sharp blades cut through potatoes fast and shoot them out quickly. The suction cups on the bottom help to stabilize the unit when they are slightly moistened before use. It cleans up easily after use.
5. Simposh Easy Food Dicer and French Fry Cutter
This is a versatile french fry cutter that also doubles as food dicer. It comes with 2 blades of different sizes. You can choose between 25 or 45 hole options for thicker or thinner fries and slices. The special features make this the ideal cutter for slicing and dicing.
- Knife guide insert for dicing foods into perfect squares
- Stainless steel blades for durability and long life
- Rachet action pusher for greater ease of cutting
- Versatile for slicing, dicing, and chopping vegetables and fruits of all kinds from semi-hard to medium hardness.
- Non-slip rubber feet for added stability
- Dishwasher safe
- Good for cutting long potatoes
- Ideal for different recipes requiring cutting, dicing, and chopping
- Saves time and effort over hand dicing
- Easy to clean
- Will cut yams if you microwave them first
- Small learning curve to avoid pinching fingers on the handleVerdict
This is a versatile cutter that is loaded with special features. Two blades offer different sizes. The knife guide makes dicing a breeze. It’s the best french fry cutter for making a variety of different sliced and diced recipes.
6. Reliatronic French Fry Cutter
Reliatronic is among the best french fry cutters for preparing foods for air frying. It comes with 2 blades for the versatile cutting of potatoes and other medium hard vegetables and fruits. It’s a strong and durable cutter that takes little effort to use.
- 2 Sharp interchangeable blades for different size cuts
- Stainless steel blade construction is strong and durable
- Easy to clean with water and a brush
- Large capacity for cutting potatoes 5 x 2.9 inches
- Resistant to rust and corrosion
- Compact size takes up little cabinet space
- The lever turns easily for fast cutting
- Strong design holds up under intense pressure
- Extended handle gives you good leverage
- Good value for the cost
- Suction cups could be stronger
This is the best french fry cutter if you’re looking for an excellent value for the cost. It’s reasonably priced, sturdy, and comes with 2 blades for versatility.
7. Once For All Adjustable Mandoline Slicer Safe Vegetable Slicer
This is the most versatile french fry cutter. It is a multipurpose unit that quickly cuts, slices, dices, chops, and makes julienne french fries. It is also good for preparing other medium hard vegetables for a variety of recipes.
- Compact unit with a collapsible feature is space-saving
- Hidden blades offer a safety feature to avoid accidental cuts
- Blades change by rotating the 3 knobs for convenience for cutting a variety of shapes and thicknesses
- Made of food-grade stainless steel
- Washes fast and easy
- Makes great french fries and potato chips
- Easier than most cutters to operate with a spring-loaded plunger
- Excellent adjustment capacity for making all size fries and veggie slices
- Good for people with mobility issues or the elderly
- Strong and sturdy
- Suction cups could be stronger
The Once For All is the best french fry cutter for people with mobility problems, arthritis, or the elderly. It’s one of the easiest manual cutters to use. It comes highly recommended.
8. Happybuy Commercial Vegetable Fruit Chopper
The Happybuy cutter is a versatile unit that has multiple uses. It is a commercial-grade chopper that is suitable for home or restaurant use. It’s sturdy and built for heavy-duty cutting and dicing jobs. It makes great french fries, and also cuts, chops, and dices most medium hard fruits and vegetables.
- Stainless steel blade construction is strong and durable
- Sharp blades cut through medium-hard fruits and vegetables fast
- Multi-use unit cuts, slices, and chops a variety of foods
- Heavy-duty commercial grade
- Stable base
- Secure footing for added stability
- Heavy blade drops down and cuts quickly and efficiently
- The blades are sharp and cut through foods fast
- Ideal for commercial food preparation
- Does massive quantities in record speed
- The handle design can be awkward until you get used to it
This is the best french fry cutter if you have a catering or food truck business. It’s good for preparing a variety of different fruits and vegetables. It’s easy to use and churns out mass quantities of product quickly with little effort. It’s designed for commercial and home use.
9. ROVSUN Upgraded Patented Commercial French Fry Cutter
The Rovsun french fry cutter is a bonus combination set that comes with 3 different blades. It cuts potatoes and other vegetables and fruits quickly and in large quantities with little effort. This deluxe set is commercial grade and suitable for restaurant or home use.
- Deluxe combination set with 3 blades for size variety
- Rudder stock lever for easier use
- Suction feet for added stability
- Heavy-duty construction
- Suitable for home or restaurant use
- Fast and efficient preparation of various foods in large quantities
- Nice assortment of size options
- Easy to use and good for people with shoulder issues
- Easy to clean
- Sharp blades cut quickly
- Very heavy unit that takes up a lot of space
This is the best french fry cutter if you entertain large groups in your home. It can also be used for commercial purposes. It’s heavy-duty and built to prepare a lot of food in one sitting.
10. GOFLAME French Fry Cutter
This is a heavy-duty french fry cutter that churns out a variety of different sizes. It’s a multipurpose unit that slices other vegetables and fruits quickly and easily. It comes with 4 different sized blades for greater variety. It’s ideal for families who like to entertain large groups.
- Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Vegetable Fruit Potato Slice with 4 Different Size Steel Blades
- Easy to assemble
- Good for commercial use in a small restaurant
- Great to use for air fryer food preparation
- Mounts to multiple surfaces including inside of the closet door for handy use and storage
- Sturdy and dependable cutter with sharp blades
- Does not come with mounting screws
This is a versatile cutter that comes as a deluxe package with four different size cutting blades. They’re sharp and slice through foods quickly for fast and easy prep of fresh homemade french fries and much more. It’s a well-built cutter that is designed for easy use.
French Fry Cutter Buying Guide
This buying guide is intended to give you all the information you need to know what to look for in a french fry cutter. It covers the most important questions to ask and tells you how to determine which model is the best choice.
Quality is one of the most important aspects of a french fry cutter. It is an investment so it’s important to buy a unit that is going to last for years. When determining the best quality, pay attention to the materials it is made of. Stainless steel is the best because it is resistant to rust and corrosion. Some others that are plastic are not likely to last for long. Stainless steel is stronger than many other materials and is more resistant to bending and cracking. The blades also hold their edge for longer.
The best french fry cutter is one that provides a stable base. Wobbly units are hard to operate. You could hurt yourself if the cutter slides over on its side. Make sure that the cutter you buy has a secure system for anchoring it firmly to a surface. Some options include suction cups or a vice that screws down onto a surface. Others have a pedestal stand with enough weight to hold them down in place. Check the reviews to find out what others have to say about the stability before you buy.
Ease of Use
Some french fry cutters are easier to use than others. If you have mobility issues, choose a french fry cutter that is easy to use, such as the types that operate with a spring-loaded plunger system. The handle is another consideration. Some french fry cutters have a better design than others. Confirm that other users found it easy to use, so you won’t be disappointed. The cutter should also be easy to clean and maintain.
The features are part of decision-making. Some french fry cutters come with one blade, while others have up to four different-sized blades. If you plan on making fancy designs, consider one that has a spiraling tool. It offers unique food designs. Other features include a knife placement guide for faster dicing and chopping, julienne blades, and some are dishwasher safe.
What will you use the french fry cutter for? How much food will you need to prepare at one time? The answers to these questions will help you to decide if you can get by with a smaller unit or if the best french fry cutter for your situation is a commercial-grade system that produces larger quantities faster. If you live in a small home without much counter space or an RV, you may do better with a small compact cutter that is lightweight.
Q: What is the best french fry cutter?
Ans: The best french fry cutter is the one that most closely meets your needs. Consider your purpose, how much food you’ll prepare, and how often you will use the unit. The answers will tell you whether you need a large or small cutter and if it should be a heavy-duty/commercial grade or standard potato cutter.
Q: How to use a manual french fry cutter
Ans: Wash potatoes and peel them. Choose potatoes that will fit into the block for cutting. If it is too large, you can half or quarter the potatoes, then fit them inside. Simply pull down the lever to push the potato through the grates/blades, and catch them in a bowl. It’s that easy.
Q: How to clean french fry cutter
Ans: Most french fry cutters are easy to clean with hot water and a spray nozzle. Simply spray down to remove all starch and pieces of potato. If you have some stubborn pieces, you can use a soft brush to remove debris. If you use hot water, the unit can be allowed to air dry.
Q: How to sharpen the french fry cutter?
Ans: The grated blades for french fry cutters are difficult to sharpen. It’s far better to contact the manufacturer and purchase replacement blades.
Q: How much is a french fry cutter?
Ans: French fry cutters come in a wide price range, depending on the brand, model, size, and features. French fry cutters usually range in price between $25 to $150 for the commercial and industrial-sized models.
Q: Where to buy a french fry cutter?
Ans: You can find french fry cutters at most retail vendors that sell home and kitchen goods. Amazon is a reliable place to find a broad selection of brands and models.
The best french fry cutter is the one that best meets your needs. That’s why we provided a review of the 10 best french fry cutters on the market today. Look through the descriptions of each with the features that make each one special. Choose the one that most closely suits your preferences. Pay attention to the pros and cons for each. These tips will help you to find the perfect french fry cutter for your situation
Best Deals French Fry Cutter For This Week
|1||French Fry Cutter, Sopito Professional Potato Cutter Stainless Steel with 1/2-Inch Blade Great...||4,255 Reviews||$79.99 $52.99||Buy on Amazon|
|2||POP AirFry Mate, Stainless Steel French Fry Cutter, Commercial Grade Vegetable and Potato Slicer,...||2,382 Reviews||$39.99||Buy on Amazon|
|3||Home Basics Stainless Steel French Fry Cutter, One Size, Silver||862 Reviews||$19.99 $8.49||Buy on Amazon|
|4||French Fry Cutter Commercial Potato Slicer with Suction Feet Complete Set, Includes 1/4", 3/8",1/2"||506 Reviews||$118.00||Buy on Amazon|
|5||New Star Foodservice 42306 Commercial Grade French Fry Cutter with Suction Feet, 3/8", Green||4,911 Reviews||$75.97||Buy on Amazon|
Related review articles: