- 1 Introduction
- 2 10 Best Electric Cooktop Feature and Reviews
- 2.1 1. Gasland 30” Electric Cooktop with Child Safety and Timer
- 2.2 2. Gasland 30” Induction Cooktop
- 2.3 3. Empava Induction Cooktop EMPV-IDC30
- 2.4 4. K&H Electric Radiant Ceramic Cooktop
- 2.5 5. Empava 36” Electric Stove Induction Cooktop
- 2.6 6. Ramblewood 2 Burner Electric Cooktop EC2-27
- 2.7 7. Empava 12” Portable Electric Induction Cooktop
- 2.8 8. Ramblewood Burner Electric Cooktop EC4-70
- 2.9 9. Ramblewood 4 Burner Electric Cooktop EC4-60
- 2.10 10. Thermomate 30” Electric Ceramic Surface Radiant
- 2.11 Buying Guide
- 2.12 Frequently Asked Question FAQ
- 3 Conclusion
One of the most important and easiest components of kitchen gadgets is the electric cooktop. There a lot of brands that offer different types of the electric cooktop in the market. But finding the right cooktop to purchase is a little bit challenging. You must know how to choose the right cooktop because it can help determine the quality, taste, and ease of getting your food cooked well. That is why you should not underestimate the importance of buying a new electric cooktop. In this article, we are going to look at the best electric cooktop review and buyer’s guide.
10 Best Electric Cooktop Feature and Reviews
1. Gasland 30” Electric Cooktop with Child Safety and Timer
Topping this list of the best electric cooktop is the Gasland Electric Cooktop CH77BF Certified. This is a 30” stove that comes with 4 burners and can be safely used in an indoor kitchen. It features multiple protection functions that ensure your safety like the child safety lock, auto shutdown protection, overheating protection, and residual heat warming. This electric cooktop is very efficient for fast cooking while keeping you secure and safe. Measuring 30.3” x 20.5” x 2.1”, Gasland 30” Electric Cooktop is designed for 240 volts. The digital sensor touch controls allow you to switch into different heat levels from simmer to boil. Additionally, the cooktop features a scratch-resistant ceramic glass surface that makes it easy to clean.
- The cooktop device is ETL certified
- It is safe and reliable
- Features safety additions like residual heat indicators, kid lock among others
- Comes with 9 heat level settings
- This electric cooktop is easy to maintain and clean
- The timer function allows for set and go use
- You will need time to learn how to use the controls
- Have components which are not dishwasher safe
2. Gasland 30” Induction Cooktop
Gasland 30” IH77BF Induction Cooktop is a full-size cooktop which replaces a conventional gas cooktop in your kitchen. This is a 30” induction stove with 4 burners and is intended for 240V which offers quick cooking. Its compact design makes it easy to be moved away if you are doing a kitchen renovation. In addition to its great usability and exclusive design, the IH77BF induction cooktop is considered by many to be the best 4-burner induction cooktop available in the market today. The Gasland 30” IH77BF has multiple protection functions such as auto shutdown protection, child safety lock, and overheating.
- It is safe and easy to use
- Great build quality
- Have 9 heat level settings
- It is easy to maintain and clean
- Comes with an advanced timer system
- This induction cooktop has an efficient performance
- It is bulky compared to its rivals
- It takes time to get used to the controls
3. Empava Induction Cooktop EMPV-IDC30
The Empava Induction Cooktop has 4 different sized burners that include one 2700 watt 10-inch heating element, 2500 watt 8-inch heating element, 2000 watt 6-inch heating element and 1800 watt 6-inch heating element. The flawless glass surface allows for easy cleanup and can withstand intense heat without chipping or cracking. Empava Induction Cooktop EMPV-IDC30 is equipped with 9 heat level controls which allow you to vary the heat from melt to rapid boil. What we like about this induction cooktop is that it has a hot surface indicator that displays a letter “H” which allows you to know if the heating surface is hot to the touch.
- It is very easy to clean with no difficult stains or burns
- Features digital touch controls which make cooking an easy and fast process
- The electric cooktop has a sturdy and beautiful design
- Has 4 heating element which makes it easy to experiment with different sized dishes
- It heats up very fast within a few seconds
- The installation cost is quite high
- Installation can be difficult for some
4. K&H Electric Radiant Ceramic Cooktop
K&H Electric Radiant Ceramic Cooktop is your extra pair of cooktop when it comes to preparing large meals. This portable electric cooktop comes with a scratch-resistant ceramic glass top as well as two burners that will reduce your work by half. You can use this ceramic cooktop as freestanding or built-in, and its compact design makes it easy to carry and store. Additionally, this electric radiant ceramic cooktop features a lustrous and smooth black ceramic panel which is easy to clean. The K&H Cerv-3002 Electric Radiant Ceramic Cooktop has 9 power levels which are perfect for making any type of meals which range from simmering to roast.
- Has multiple safety features
- It comes with a 1-year warranty
- The ceramic glass surface is scratch-resistant
- Features a 0 to 99 minutes timer
- Comes with removable rubber feet
- The two burners have minimal space between which makes it difficult to use at the same time
5. Empava 36” Electric Stove Induction Cooktop
Empava Appliances has a strong reputation for designing top quality kitchen gadgets. Another product from them to feature on this list is Empava EMPV-IDCX36 Induction Cooktop Electric Stove which combines low maintenance design with the efficient power of induction. This induction cooktop features one 3700W 11” heating element, two 2400W 7.5” heating element, and two 2000W 6.5” heating element. Additionally, it has 9 heat level settings that allow you to change the range from melt to rapid boil and has an easy temperature that can change with the touch of a button. Empava 36” Electric Stove Induction Cooktop allows you to cook accurately and perfectly thanks to the 0 to 99 timer as well as sensitive digital control.
- There are 9 heat levels to select from the digital touch control system
- Comes with a hot surface indicator that helps prevent burns and accidents
- The hot surface indicator notifies you if the surface is hot
- It is easy to maintain and cleanup
- The controls are well located, are highly responsive and are easy to use
- This cooktop allows you to cook food fast
- It has a high installation cost
6. Ramblewood 2 Burner Electric Cooktop EC2-27
Ramblewood is a reputable brand that produces durable and safe kitchen products for daily use. Their electric cooktop makes it easier for users to prepare meals for a large gathering. Ramblewood 2 Burner Electric Cooktop EC2-27 has a stylish and sleek black color which enhances the aesthetics and blends in with the kitchen design. It measures 11.5” x 20” and a depth clearance of 2.1”. Ramblewood Electric Cooktop EC2-27 comes with two burners with up to 2700W of power which can be used to cook meals.
- Comes with 2 years warranty
- It is easy to maintain and use
- 9 power levels that are simple and reliable
- It has a precision analog control
- Has a compact size which means that it will not consume a lot of space on your counter
- Consist of a durable ceramic glass panel
- Lacks 4 burners like other electric cooktops
- It is prone and fragile to stains
7. Empava 12” Portable Electric Induction Cooktop
Number 7 on this list of the best electric cooktop is Empava EMPV-IDC12 Electric Induction Cooktop. It has a flawless Empava smooth glass surface which allows for easy cleanup. Also, it can withstand intense heat without chipping or cracking. Empava 12” Portable Electric Induction Cooktop has 9 heat settings that range from 100W to a total of 1800W. With a touch of a button, you can easily adjust the temperature from boil, fry, stew, and stir fry, as well as switch from one mode to another which makes cooking enjoyable and easy. The 1 to 99 minutes timer mode allows you to cook food accurately and perfectly. It is possible to set an induction cooktop to control the cooking time precisely. For instance, you can set the induction cooktop to automatically turn off the cooking zone. Empava EMPV-IDC12 Electric Induction Cooktop features the hot surface indicator that lets you know when the heating element is hot to the touch.
- It comes with 9 heat levels that you can choose from
- This cooktop has an affordable price tag
- Features a boost function that allows you to enhance the cooking times
- The hot surface indicator displays a letter “H” which notifies you when the surface is hot to the touch
- Has 2 years US-based manufacturer warranty
- It is compact-sized, portable and lightweight
- It is a little bit tough to control the boost function while cooking
8. Ramblewood Burner Electric Cooktop EC4-70
Ramblewood Burner Electric Cooktop EC4-70 is one of the most unique products on this list. What makes this electric cooktop stand out from its peers other than its alluring look has to be the heating element and other features. If you are the kind of person who likes to cook different dishes at the same time, then you may prefer to get this unit. Ramblewood Burner Electric Cooktop EC4-70 has two heating elements of 1800W while the other two heating elements use 1200W. This cooktop which measures 30” x 20.8” x 2.17” comes with safety features which include child safety lock and residual heat indicator for hot surface warming. We like this cooktop because it is very easy to use and easier to maintain and clean.
- It features an easy to use touch panel
- Has a durable ILVA ceramic glass
- The electric cooktop is UL safety approved
- Very easy to maintain and operate
- Comes with a safety lock as well as a 99-minute timer
- Available in a different range of burner sizes
- The ceramic ILVA glass can easily break if the cooktop falls
- It requires a professional electrician to install
9. Ramblewood 4 Burner Electric Cooktop EC4-60
Ramblewood 4 Burner Electric Cooktop EC4-60 is a reliable and simple option for a stove for daily cooking. It has approved safety features and is very easy to use. Also, it has functions and controls that are simple to understand for everyday use. This compact and portable cooktop can be moved around easily and has 6000 radiant burners. Ramblewood 4 Burner Electric Cooktop EC4-60 comes with precision analog control together with 9 power levels, which is simple and reliable.
- Features precision analog control
- Has 6000W radiant burner
- Comes with a stylish and sleek design
- Made of top-grade ceramic glass panel
- It has 9 power levels for setting precise cooking temperatures
- The cooktop is easy to clean and use
- No complaints from customers so far
10. Thermomate 30” Electric Ceramic Surface Radiant
The final product on this list of the best electric cooktop is Thermomate 30” Electric Ceramic Surface Radiant. This electric ceramic cooktop has 5 power burners which include dual 2000W/ 1000W of 7.9 in/ 4.7 inch, 1800 watt 7.9-inch heating element, 1200 watt 6.5-inch heating element + 1200 watt 6.5-inch heating. The 9 power setting feature can be used for deep-fry, stir-fry, roast, fry, and braise. It features residual heat indicator, over-heating protection, child safety lock, and auto shutdown. Thermomate 30” Electric Ceramic Surface Radiant has a smooth vitro ceramic surface for effortless cleaning.
- 9 power setting for precise heating
- Comes with a timer function that offers easy cooking
- Very easy to maintain and operate
- It has a child safety lock
- Scratch-resistant vitro ceramic glass surface
- It takes time to master the buttons
Buying a proper electric cooktop for your home is not an easy task especially if you don’t know the factors to consider while buying one. There are 3 main types of cooktops to choose from such as induction, ceramic and gas. Whatever style you are looking for from a basic electric cooktop to a high tech induction cooktop, there are certain things to look at before you make that big purchasing decision. In this section, we are going to discuss things to consider before buying the best electric cooktop.
The first factor you should pay attention to is your budget. Electric cooktops are not by any means cheap as they can cost from as little as $500 to over $1000. The cost of electric cooktops varies depending on the size and features they come with. If you want to save money make sure you consider the durability of the cooktop model because it will last for long and will not require parts to be replaced or repaired.
Electric coil cooktops might be one of the cheapest out there but they perform better when it comes to durability. With proper maintenance as well as regular cleaning, you can ensure that the electric cooktop lasts for many years to come.
When buying an electric cooktop, there are three options to consider such as electric smooth top, gas, and induction. Both gas and electric cooktop deliver a decent performance when cooking food. However, electric elements heat faster and can maintain a low heat better than a gas burner. On the other hand, induction cooktops have the same hookup as a conventional electric model but use an electromagnetic field that heats the pan directly thus offering a quick response as well as control. Tests conducted by Consumer Reports show that induction is the fastest way of heating water and the best when it comes to maintaining a steady simmer.
Ease of cleaning
If you are looking for an electric cooktop that is easy to clean then you should choose an induction or smooth top cooktop. These electric cooktops are flat which makes them easy to clean. However, gas and coil cooktops have several pieces that require to be taken care of separately so that they can be cleaned. If ease of cleaning is a top priority for you, then you should choose an induction cooktop. This is because they have a smooth surface which makes it easy to clean the surface.
Electronic cooktops such as the high-end smooth top get rid of knobs that are available on most conventional cooktops in exchange for digital controls. The good thing about cooktops with controls is that they have one-touch activation, are easier to clean and have a sleek design. Electric cooktops with knobs are functional but if you want a product that is nicer and easier to use then you may prefer the ones with controls.
Another factor you need to consider is the size of the cooktop you want to purchase. Most of the cooktop models fall into the 30” to 36” range, and have 4 or 5 burners which are a lot for a modern kitchen. Your cooktop will consume space on the counter, which is why you need to consider how much counter space you will need to use. In case you want to replace an old model, you should pay attention to the cutout measurement on your countertop before you buy a new unit. To avoid the frustrations of having to return a new unit after buying it, you must measure your old unit. Remember that the size determines how many cooking elements a cooktop will have. If you want more cooking elements, you should choose a large cooktop model.
An induction cooktop can warm food with the element becoming too hot to the touch which makes it the safest cooktop ever. Gas cooktops use open flames thus you need to be careful while using them. Electric cooktops normally change colors when in use and while they are cooling. This enables users to know when the element is hot to the touch.
The heating power is one of the most important factors to consider while buying the best electric cooktop. A cooktop with more power range allows you to cook every type of food.
Type of baseplate
The baseplate is a material that is used to make the cooking surface of a cooktop. The three most popular elements are the white enamel, glass-ceramic and stainless.
Brands of cooktops
There are many brands of cooktops that you can find in the market today. However, if you are looking for the best brands, then you can choose from a wide range which includes Avanti, Bosch, Dacor, Frigidaire, Jenn Air, Kenyon, and Verona.
Many electric cooktops especially the high-end ones come with extra features that add functionality and convenience. They include one power boil burner. These burners are great for boiling water or soups in record time. Two is the warming zones. Some electric cooktops come with warming zones or settings where it is possible to keep cooked food warm enough. The third feature is the control lockout. This feature is great for those with kids in the house and doesn’t want to mess their cooktops. The fourth feature is the cooking modules. With this feature, you can expand the type of cooking that you can do with a cooktop. Cooking modules include deep fryer, griddle, grill, and steamer.
Frequently Asked Question FAQ
Question: Are electric cooktops the best for kitchen use?
Answer: Yes. In fact, choosing the best electric cooktop can heat faster than the best gas models, especially when it comes to boiling a large pot of water. Additionally, electric cooktops are quite capable when it comes to maintaining a steady simmer.
Question: Which is the best brand for electric cooktop?
Answer: The market is flooded with many brands such as Bosch, Dacor, Whirlpool, Frigidaire, Avanti, Jenn Air, and Kenyon. Choosing the best brand for an electric cooktop can go a long way in adding ease of cooking as well as comfort to your daily life. Out of these brands, the stand out has to be Bosch which offers electric, gas, and induction cooktops.
Question: What is the best 36” electric cooktop?
Answer: The best 36-inch electric cooktop is the GE Profile PP7036SJSS which comes with a handful of features that makes cooking stress free. What makes this electric cooktop stand out from the rest is the Keep Warm feature and SyncBurner feature.
Now that you know the top-rated electric cooktops to buy, you can visit any store and choose your electric cooktop. Remember you need to ensure you purchase from a reputable company. It is no secret that a kitchen with the best electric cooktop will offer homeowners a great place to cook any food they want. This is why you must know how to select the best cooktop because it can help determine the quality, taste, and simplicity of food preparation. That won’t be easy but we hope the above review and buyer’s guide will help you choose the right electric cooktop which suits your needs.
Best Deals Electric Cooktop For This Week
|1||Elite Gourmet Countertop Electric Hot Burner, Temperature Controls, Power Indicator Lights, Easy to...||14,233 Reviews||$30.99||Buy on Amazon|
|2||Cusimax Hot Plate, Portable Electric Stove Countertop 1500W Single Burner with Adjustable...||$59.99 $39.97||Buy on Amazon|
|3||CUSIMAX 1800W Ceramic Electric Hot Plate for Cooking, Dual Control Infrared Cooktop, Portable...||4,081 Reviews||$102.98 $93.99||Buy on Amazon|
Related Review Articles: