- 1 Introduction
- 2 Top 10 Best Chef Knife Under 100 Reviews and Features
- 2.1 1. Victorinox Swiss Army 47645 12 Inch
- 2.2 2. DALSTRONG Slicing and Carving Knife
- 2.3 3. DALSTRONG Slicing Carving Knife
- 2.4 4. DALSTRONG Butcher’s Breaking Cimitar Knife
- 2.5 5. DALSTRONG Shogun Series Damascus AUS-10V
- 2.6 6. Oxford Chef’s Knife-8 Inch VG10 Super Steel 67 Layer High Carbon Stainless Steel
- 2.7 7. DALSTRONG Fillet Knife Japanese AUS-10V Super Steel
- 2.8 8. DALSTRONG 12” Extra Large Crixus Gladiator Series Chef’s Knife
- 2.9 9. Japanese Chef Knife 8 inch Gyuto
- 2.10 10. PAUDIN Carving Knife Ultra Sharp Japanese VG10 Steel Kitchen Knife
- 3 Buying Guide
- 4 Best Chef Knife Under 100 FAQs:
- 5 Final Words
Chef knives are popular among homeowners because they can be used to slice herbs, dice vegetables, and cut meat. Many types of knives can do a great job at hand. For example, you can find a knife for particular cuts such as chicken, brisket, or prime rib but many do multiple jobs. Choosing the best chef knife can be a game-changer because it can be used to cut large portions of roasts and meat efficiently. That is why we are going to look at the best chef knife under 100 including a quick buying guide.
Top 10 Best Chef Knife Under 100 Reviews and Features
1. Victorinox Swiss Army 47645 12 Inch
Victorinox Swiss Army 47645 12 Inch Slicing Knife is a Swiss favorite that can tackle different kitchen tasks with comfort, fun, and top quality. This versatile kitchen essential is ideal for carving and slicing meats. It features a Granton Blade that is crafted with a round tip which creates air pockets that improve meat separation and minimize friction. The high carbon stainless steel blade offers thinner and smaller slices which are more uniform. With a long, narrow shape as well as a razor-sharp edge, this kitchen knife can slice through meats via a single, smooth motion. Victorinox Swiss Army 47645 12 Inch Slicing Knife has an ergonomic Fibrox Pro handle which offers a non-slip grip when it is wet. Also, this chef knife is balanced and weighted for easy handling.
- Dishwasher safe
- The chef knife is reasonably priced
- Has a comfortable and ergonomic design
- Has a durable stainless steel blade
- Features a thin and sharp blade
- Comes with a limited lifetime warranty against defects in workmanship and material
- Has a plastic handle
- Requires frequent sharpening
- No extra cases or accessories cases when you purchase it
2. DALSTRONG Slicing and Carving Knife
DALSTRONG AUS 8 Slicing and Carving Knife offers exceptional performance, stunning design, state of the art technology, and premium quality materials. This powerful slicer which is masterfully elegant, razor-sharp, and perfectly balanced is the ultimate weapon for large roasts, moist salmon, and briskets. Besides, it has a velvety rich black Spanish pakkawood handle that offers heaven like grip with great durability. DALSTRONG AUS 8 Slicing and Carving Knife has a tapered blade design for flexibility and durability. The Phantom Series 12” Slicer and Carving Knife is honed by craftsmen to 13° and 15° as well as nitrogen-cooled so as to achieve flexibility, hardness, and corrosion resistance.
- Comes with a lifetime warranty against defects
- Has a padded sheath for storing
- The blade cleans easily and offers a low maintenance
- The blade is of top quality and is durable and sharp
- The grip is cold/ heat/ moisture resistant and is optimized for control and comfort
- Features full tang for incredible quality and robustness
- May be prone to breaking or chipping if dropped or handled improperly
3. DALSTRONG Slicing Carving Knife
DALSTRONG Slicing Carving Knife German HC Steel is designed for the day to day demands of a commercial kitchen. The Gladiator Series extra-long 12” slicer is a versatile knife that can be used for carving roasts, vegetables, and large fruits. It has a razor-sharp slicer, imported high-carbon German steel which has a hand-polished edge at 14 to 16 degrees, and full tang. DALSTRONG Slicing Carving Knife comes with luxury imported black pakkawood handle which is triple-riveted with a grip that ensures maneuverability and comfort. The good thing about this slicing knife is that it is perfectly weighted to handle both heavy-duty and thicker cuts.
- Features Granton blade
- Extra sharp cutting edge
- Comes with a tall blade height
- Has a strong and durable handle
- Comes with a sheath for protection/ storage
- Easy dulling
4. DALSTRONG Butcher’s Breaking Cimitar Knife
DALSTRONG Butcher’s Breaking Cimitar Knife has a military-grade G-10 handle that is non-slip. This cimitar knife is expertly crafted which makes it easy for trimming fat or large meat cutting such as pork, beef, poultry, or fish. It has many factors that make it one of the sharpest butcher knives ever. Featuring a hand-sharpened Japanese AUS-10V super steel blade, the DALSTRONG Butcher’s Breaking Cimitar Knife is a full tang blade that has a non-slip military grade G-10 handle. Additionally, it has a matching sheath that has a pin as well as a string locking mechanism. This butcher’s knife comes with a lifetime limited warranty and a satisfaction guarantee.
- Razor-sharp blade
- Has a sheath included
- The knife is resistant to chips and cracks
- It is durable and rust-resistant
- Reduced adhesion between blade and meat
- Comes with ambidextrous handle
- Ideal for multiple butchering tasks like slicing, trimming, filleting, skinning, and trimming
- Does not come with a safety bolster
- May feel unwieldy and large
5. DALSTRONG Shogun Series Damascus AUS-10V
DALSTRONG Shogun Series Damascus AUS-10V 6” Boning Knife comes with excellent craftsmanship as well as quality materials which makes an all-purpose kitchen knife. This chef knife is designed with efficiency, safety, and style in mind. The good thing is that this shogun knife has moisture, cold, and heat. It has a full tang which offers superb robustness as well as triple riveted for more resilience. DALSTRONG Shogun Series Damascus AUS-10V comes with ultra-premium G-10 handle is impervious to moisture, cold, and heat. Also, it has a military-grade with life-long durability.
- Strong chef knife
- Has a luxurious design
- Comes with multiple purposes
- Consumes a little counter space
- It is a top-quality knife from Dalstrong’s Shogun Series
- Ergonomic and bolstered handle for safety and comfort
- Great weight distribution for ease of use and improved handling
- It is a bit pricey
- Requires high maintenance
6. Oxford Chef’s Knife-8 Inch VG10 Super Steel 67 Layer High Carbon Stainless Steel
Are you looking for a top-quality chef knife under 100? Well look no further than Oxford Chef’s Knife-8 Inch VG10 Super Steel 67 Layer High Carbon Stainless Steel. This chef knife has an authentic Japanese VG-10 “Super-Steel” cutting core that ensures maximum edge retention and flexibility without chipping or dulling. The blade is finished to an angle of 8 to 12 degrees using the traditional 3-step Honbazuke method, which makes it viciously sharp. This makes the VG10 stainless steel chef knife have a tapered curvilinear blade which is great for slicing meat and chopping vegetables. Oxford Chef’s Knife-8 Inch VG10 Super Steel 67 Layer High Carbon Stainless Steel has a full tang for ultimate durability.
- Beautiful design
- Awesome edge retention
- Features 8” blade offers for ample cutting volume
- Has a full tang which offers ultimate durability
- Comes with military-grade ergonomic G-10 handle which makes it immune to heat, moisture, and cold
- Complaints that it chips with time
7. DALSTRONG Fillet Knife Japanese AUS-10V Super Steel
DALSTRONG Fillet Knife Japanese AUS-10V Super Steel combines outstanding craftsmanship, awe-inspiring design, cutting-edge breakthrough technology, and the best materials. The Shogun Series 6” is well-engineered for skinning, filleting, de-boning, trimming, de-scaling, and butterflying poultry and fish. It features an exceptional 8 to 12 degrees of cutting angle which allows you to be closer to the cut and waste less meat with each cut. DALSTRONG Fillet Knife Japanese AUS-10V Super Steel comes with ultra-premium G-10 handle which is resistant to moisture, heat, and cold. Another feature we like is the hand-polished ergonomic handle which is engineered for superior comfort, agility, and control.
- It is made to be rust-free
- Has a well-balanced knife
- Comfortable for long term use
- Comes with a razor-sharp blade
- Resistant to moisture, cold, and heat
- Made from military-grade materials which are robust to control any abuse level
- Can be difficult to use by beginners
8. DALSTRONG 12” Extra Large Crixus Gladiator Series Chef’s Knife
Another product to feature on this list of best chef knife under 100 is DALSTRONG 12” Extra Large Crixus Gladiator Series Chef’s Knife. As the name suggests, this chef’s knife belongs to the Gladiator series and is a must-have for all chefs, pitmasters, and BBQ enthusiasts who love meat. This chef’s knife is carefully tapered for enhanced flexibility, hardness, and minimal slicing resistance. It has an incredible razor-sharp as well as high carbon German steel that has a hand-polished edge between 14 and 16 degrees. If you are looking for a chef’s knife that can cut beef, poultry, pork, wild game, veggies, and fruits, then you should choose DALSTRONG 12” Extra Large Crixus Gladiator Series Chef’s Knife.
- Durable and strong
- It is very affordable
- The chef knife is versatile
- Features full tang construction
- Made from top-quality German steel
- Comfortable and durable pakkawood handle
- Suitable for different meat types, fruits, and vegetables
- It is a bit heavy
- A bit tricky for beginners to control the blade
9. Japanese Chef Knife 8 inch Gyuto
Mikarto Knife Ware Japanese Chef Knife 8 inch Gyuto is revolutionizing kitchenware which comprises of a high retention sharp blade, and triple-riveted military-grade handle. It is built with stainless steel as well as professional level artistry. Also, this full tang chef knife is rust-resistant and corrosion-resistant. The Rockwell hardness of 62+ and high carbon metal makes this Japanese Chef Knife highly durable and resilient. Mikarto Knife Ware Japanese Chef Knife 8 inch Gyuto is a balanced, weighted knife which makes meal and food preparation easier and enjoyable. The good thing about these Japanese Chef Knives is that they require minimal maintenance which means that you will not use your sharpening or honing stone.
- Razor-sharp edge retention
- Has a beautiful hammered finish blade
- Strong and durable offering long-lasting performance
- Great value if you are looking for stainless steel high carbon knife
- Comes with a sleek black handle that is ergonomic and comfortable to handle
- Complaints that it is too thick and heavy
10. PAUDIN Carving Knife Ultra Sharp Japanese VG10 Steel Kitchen Knife
PAUDIN Carving Knife Ultra Sharp Japanese VG10 Steel Kitchen Knife is designed to allow you to cut anything with great precision. Once sharpened to the finest point, you can use it to cut meats, potatoes, and vegetables. This top-notch quality PAUDIN Carving Knife is constructed from Japanese AU10 Damascus steel which is durable, wear-resistant, corrosion-resistant, and offers 60+ Rockwell hardness. It has an ergonomic handle that offers a comfortable grip and offers superior flexibility. PAUDIN Carving Knife Ultra Sharp Japanese VG10 Steel Kitchen Knife is an 8-inch slicing knife that is well crafted and designed for home and executive chefs.
- Comes with a lifetime warranty
- The stainless steel blade lasts for a long time
- High-quality carving knife made from Japanese AU10 Damascus steel
- Has a good black Micarta handle that offers a comfortable and secure grip
- The exquisite appearance makes it a decorative feature for your kitchen
- The blade may chip over time
You want to buy the best affordable chef knife but do not want to waste money on junk knives. What you ought to know is that there are many great options available on the market today which can make it difficult to choose the right one. So, the question on everybody’s lips is what should you consider before investing in a chef knife? The best affordable chef knife has the right features which enable you to cut through foods like root vegetables, bread leaves, and tough meat. However, not all chef knives are made of the same quality, which means that they might not offer the same quality. In this section of the article, we are going to look at factors to take into consideration before buying the best chef knife under 100.
The first factor you need to consider is your budget. What you need to know is whether you have the money to buy a professional chef knife or you want to get the most out of your dollars by buying an affordable chef knife. The problem with buying a cheaper chef knife is that they can easily break and are likely to stain. Besides, you are likely to spend more money sharpening a cheaper knife compared to a high-quality chef knife.
You do not want to invest in a kitchen knife which does not serve you for a long time. Therefore, you should look at if the chef knife is made of chromium and carbon in addition to steel which makes it stain and rust resistance. Additionally, vanadium and molybdenum increase the hardness of the chef knife. Typically, chef knives fall between 55 and 65 Rockwell hardness. If they go higher, it means that they are harder and will remain sharper for longer.
Another important factor to consider is the sharpness of the chef knife. Every new chef knife comes with great sharpness but cannot remain sharp for long term use. This is why you should pay attention to knives that are long-lasting and maintain the quality of their sharpness after being used severally. The best affordable chef knife is not just meant for cutting but also for slicing, dicing, and chopping food.
When you search online, you will find that most blogs recommend a blade length of 6 inches for chef knives. The blade length is an important factor to consider because it can affect the cutting performance. However, you need to look carefully into a few things such as your hand size, the level of your experience using a knife, the type of food you are cutting, and preference about the chef knife.
The weight is an important factor to consider because it determines how much you will use for a long time. The good thing about using a heavier chef knife is that it can cut through harder foods easily. However, the extra weight of a kitchen knife means that it will tire your arms faster. On the other hand, a lightweight chef knife is easier to use for an extended time. The weight of a chef knife is determined by the materials which makes it as well as the overall length.
Most Western chef knives come with a 20-degree blade angle which easily cuts kitchen foods. However, you can find Japanese chef knives which are sharpened between the angles of 15 and 17 degrees. Kitchen knives that have a smaller angle are quite sharp but are less durable compared to knives with an angle of between 20 and 30 degrees. You must choose a metal type based on the chef knife’s angle that maximizes the cutting power and maximum longevity.
The kitchen knife comes with a bolster that starts at the beginning of the handle. This is the original thickness of the steel which is used to make the kitchen knife. The benefit of a bolster is that it works as a handguard on a sword, which stops the hand from sliding onto the blade while using it to cut food.
The tang refers to the bottom part of the blade which extends into the chef knife handle. Just like a bolster, the tang is designed to maintain your hand so that it does not slide off the handle. Also, a tang helps to balance your kitchen knife. It is possible to find chef knives with tangs that stretch the entire handle. While it is true that full tangs can be stronger, half tangs are lighter and easier to use.
Best Chef Knife Under 100 FAQs:
Q: Which chef’s knife should you get?
Ans: If you are looking for the best chef knife under 100 you can get Victorinox Swiss Army is your best pick. It comes with an extra-long 12-inch blade which makes cutting via larger meats easier. This chef’s knife has a size that offers the right balance between maneuverability and efficient cutting. Also, the Victorinox Swiss Army offers more versatility and is easy to handle.
Q: Do chef knife have a warranty?
Ans: The answer to this question depends on the brand you choose. Most chef knives come with a one or two year warranty. If you are shopping from a reliable seller on Amazon, you can have the peace of mind that you can return it anytime it malfunctions during its warranty period.
Q: Do you need to use a different chef knife if you are left-handed?
Ans: Many chef knives can be used by both right and left-handed cooks. However, you can find some ergonomically designed chef knives which are less efficient or comfortable for left-handed users. The good thing is that you can find a traditional left-handed knife and right-handed knife.
Q: Tell me the difference between German and Japanese chef knives?
Ans: Japanese style knives come with thinner blades which are made from carbon steel. These hand refined blades are easier to sharpen because they have harder blades. On the other hand, German chief knives are machined, heavier, and thicker than Japanese chef knives.
Q: How do you take good care of a chef knife?
Ans: When a kitchen knife is taken good care of, it will last for a long time. You must wash your hands and dry the chef knife after you use it. Even if the brands are dishwasher safe, you should wash it by hand. This is because the kitchen knife may chip or break in the dishwasher. How frequent you should sharpen your chef knife depends on the metal which it is constructed from.
All of the kitchen knives available on our list of best chef knife under 100 are made from top quality materials and have a precise construction. Kitchen knives can be quite expensive, which is why you must choose one that falls within your budget and is comfortable and durable. Choosing between a regular knife and a good quality knife can make a huge difference if you want to cut through good quality slabs of meat. Hopefully, the above top 10 best chef knife under 100 and buying guide will help you choose the best kitchen knife.
Best Deals Chef Knife Under 100 For This Week
|1||Chef’s Knife - PAUDIN Pro Kitchen Knife, 8-Inch Chef's Knife N1 made of German High Carbon...||3,090 Reviews||$35.99 $28.99||Buy on Amazon|
|2||imarku Chef Knife - Pro Kitchen Knife 8 Inch Chef's Knives High Carbon German Stainless Steel Sharp...||7,278 Reviews||$39.99||Buy on Amazon|
|3||MOSFiATA 8" Super Sharp Professional Chef's Knife with Finger Guard and Knife Sharpener, German High...||$39.99||Buy on Amazon|
Related Review Articles: