Are you thinking of renovating your kitchen? Is there a lot going on your mind? Do you want to learn about the range of the kitchen? If so, you’re in the right place. Understanding what is a range in a kitchen can be quite a daunting task, especially when you are less familiar with the term, but it doesn’t have to be!
It’s important that you understand the basics of range so that you can make the right decision for your home.
Today is your lucky day as you can learn about range in the kitchen!
Read on for more information.
What Is A Range In A Kitchen?
The best kitchen range is a combination of an oven and stove. This kitchen appliance is common in many homes. The source of the kitchen range can be gas or electricity and each has its pros and cons. You bake food in the oven and you cook your food on a stove. When you get the best of both worlds, you get the kitchen range.
If you get the kitchen range, it saves you from the hassle of buying an oven or a stove separately. Basically, you are saving costs when you are getting the kitchen range.
Types of Ranges Available On The Market
You might have heard of the Thor gas range or you could be a fan of electric range in a kitchen. Let’s discuss a few types of ranges available on the market so that you would know what to expect!
You can go for:
Electric Range: The homeowners with electric range will use an electric outlet and it’s way easier to clean.
Gas Range: A gas line is required for a gas range to operate so if you are okay with the idea of dealing with the gas line, you can opt for this one! However, it’s important to be careful when using the gas range.
Dual Fuel Range: A dual-fuel range has an electric oven and a gas cooktop so it offers the best of both worlds to some consumers.
Why Should I Get A Range In The Kitchen
Getting a range in a kitchen is your call. It’s wise to invest in a kitchen range as it can save you from the hassle of buying an oven and a stove separately.
You can opt for the gas or electric whatever appeals to you! It’s your final decision and a lot depends on your budget and preferences. If you want a space-saving kitchen appliance then definitely go for it!
How to Care for Your Range In The Kitchen
You can care for the range in the kitchen in the following ways:
- Make sure you clean right after the spills! If you leave it for long then it can dry out which will make it hard to clean. However, you have to be careful when cleaning the spills especially when the stove is hot.
- Invest in the right products for cleaning the kitchen range. You can also try a mixture of water and vinegar (mixed in equal quantity). The sooner you clean the mess, the better it will be!
- Make sure you are cleaning it every day! It’s better to clean it daily as you could be doing lots of cooking. Leaving your kitchen appliance dirty can make it hard for you to clean it later on as more effort will be required.
- Don’t forget to check the manual so that you can learn what’s the best way to keep it clean.
Basic Safety Precautions for Using A Range
When you are using the kitchen range, make sure you keep the following in mind:
- Make sure you follow the safety precautions when using your kitchen appliances.
- Don’t let your pets or kids enter the kitchen when you are cooking or baking anything.
- Make sure when you are using the stove, there is no plastic or bag near the burner.
- Keep a fire extinguisher in the house. Make sure it’s nearby so that you can quickly grab it.
- Call emergency when you can’t handle the situation yourself.
- Keep an eye on your pots and pans when cooking. Use the oven carefully especially if the source is gas.
Tips On How to Make Cooking More Efficient With A Range
There are different ways to make cooking more efficient:
- You can bake multiple items in the oven at the same time. It’s a good use of energy and heat. You can later warm up the food, but it’s best to bake it together to save some energy.
- It’s better if you don’t open the oven door again and again! It helps in saving heat and energy when you avoid doing so.
- If you are cooking potatoes, it’s better to boil them a little before baking in the oven.
- Turn off the burner when you are done cooking.
- Keep your kitchen range clean so that you don’t go through the hassle of cleaning it vigorously.
- When dealing with a large piece of meat, chicken, or beef, it’s better if you cut it into small pieces. Doing so can help in cooking or baking it quickly.
Now that you know what is a range in a kitchen is, it’s time to invest in the right kitchen appliance. Find out what works best for you so that you can get the best kitchen range for your home!