When you walk into kitchen of most homes or restaurants, you’ll definitely find a pressure cooker. A lot of people love how this appliance quickly prepares food. But what most people don’t know is that not all pressure cookers are made equally.
If you want to buy pressure cookers in NZ, always go for the non-toxic models. That’s because these models come with many health benefits. Today, we’ll be sharing with you all the health benefits that come with using a non-toxic pressure cooker.
The 9 Health Benefits of Cooking with a Non-Toxic Pressure Cooker
1. You Don’t Have to Worry about Chemical Exposure
The biggest problem with using conventional pressure cookers is that they release chemicals such as PFOA and PFOS when heated. These chemicals are extremely toxic. On the other hand, non-toxic pressure cookers are free of chemicals.
2. They Do Not Leach Toxins into Your Food
Chemicals aren’t the only things you have to worry about when using a regular pressure cooker. If a pressure cooker has been coated with materials like cadmium or lead, then these substances can easily leach into your food.
3. These Appliances Do Not Release Harmful Byproducts
Non-toxic pressure cookers ensure that your meals are not exposed to any other byproduct. If you were preparing veggies or beans, that’s the only ingredient you’ll get after you’re done cooking. The reason behind that is non-toxic pressure cookers do not release any byproducts even when subjected to extreme heat.
4. They Give You Peace of Mind
Some of you may be wondering what does peace of mind have to do with the health benefits of a non-toxic pressure cooker. Well, peace of mind significantly improves mental health. And when you use such an appliance, you’re 100% sure that there are no chemicals, toxins or harmful byproducts leaching into your food. As a result, you’ll be able to prepare and serve your meals with confidence knowing that they are safe.
5. Non-Toxic Pressure Cookers are Ideal for Those with Allergies
If you often get allergies when you prepare meals using coated pans or cookware, then you should consider switching to non-toxic pressure cookers. These appliances do not release any byproducts as mentioned earlier. Therefore, using such an appliance can significantly reduce the triggering of an allergic reaction.
6. They are Perfect for Cooking Acidic or Alkaline Foods
Acidic and foods rich in alkaline are well known for reacting with cookware. And such reactions can easily contaminate your food. Well, the good news is that non-toxic pressure cookers do not react with acidic or alkaline foods.
7. Non-Toxic Pressure Cookers Do Not Degrade at High Temperatures
Conventional pressure cookers do degrade when exposed to high temperatures and in the process, they release harmful fumes that are pretty toxic. Non-toxic pressure cooker materials like those made out of stainless steel do not degrade or release strong fumes when heated.
8. They Also Don’t Change Food Flavors
Because non-toxic pressure cookers do not release chemicals or other byproducts into your food, they don’t change the flavor of your food. We all know that flavor contributes significantly to appetite. So, if you switch to non-toxic pressure cookers, you’re assured of enjoying all the flavors in your meals.
9. Non-Toxic Pressure Cookers Preserve Nutrients
Did you know that pressure cooking has a higher nutrient preservation rate than most cooking methods? This is achieved by the shorter cooking time. When you use such a cooker, your meals will be packed with essential nutrients that boost your immunity and ensure overall body health.
What Materials Are Non-Toxic Pressure Cookers Made Of?
1. Stainless Steel: This is the most popular material that non-toxic pressure cookers are made out of. What we like about stainless steel is that it doesn’t release any byproducts and doesn’t reach acidic foods. It can also withstand high heat and it’s super durable. Stainless steel also doesn’t have any coatings that will leach onto your food.
2. Clay: Of late, manufacturers are making clay pressure cookers and it’s turning out to be one of the safest cookware materials we’ve ever interacted with. Unlike most materials, clay is inert. Therefore, it does not interact with food in any manner. It’s also 100% natural. So, you don’t have to worry about chemicals and toxic fumes.
How Can I Know If a Pressure Cooker is Non-Toxic?
We’re living in dangerous times and some brands may label their pressure cookers as non-toxic yet they are filled with chemicals and harmful byproducts. To ensure you’re safe, here are a few tips on how to check if your pressure cooker is indeed non-toxic;
- Carefully inspect the materials Remember that non-toxic pressure cookers are mostly made out of stainless steel and clay.
- Look for certifications confirming non-toxicity. Examples include lead-free and PFOA-free.
- Be mindful of the price. The cheaper the cooker, the more likely it’s made out of harmful products.
- Do some digging online. Platforms such as Reddit and Quora are great places to figure out if a pressure cooker brand is indeed non-toxic.
- Read a lot of customer reviews. Amazon is an excellent source.
- Avoid non-stick cookers by all means. Non-stick cookers often have coatings that eventually leach into your meals.
You and your family’s health should always be the top priority. One of the ways you can ensure this is by switching to non-toxic pressure cookers. It doesn’t matter whether you’re a chef, food enthusiast or you lead a busy lifestyle, switching to a non-toxic pressure cooker will be the most health-conscious decision you’ll ever make!