Are you looking to bring some rustic charm to your country kitchen? Terra-cotta tiles can do just that!
Terra-cotta is a type of baked or fired clay known for its beautiful reddish-brown color that gives rooms a warm vintage look.
Tiles made in the Terra-cotta style are timeless and have been used in homes for centuries. They come in a smooth style that conveys a rustic charm with a welcoming feeling.
Terra-cotta tiles are available in a variety of sizes, shapes, and colors. They are durable materials resistant to mold and bacteria. Because of their vintage look, such tiles can work exceptionally well for those looking to give their country house kitchens a makeover. Explore the range of terracotta tiles from Hyperion Tiles to add a touch of rustic elegance to your kitchen.
Why Terra-Cotta Tiles are Convenient for Country Kitchens
A majority of Terra-cotta tile designs can easily complement different features in country kitchens, like wooden ceiling beams and brick walls, to generate a homely feel. The tiles are easy to maintain; just mopping with a mild detergent is enough to wipe them clean.
Terra-cotta tiles have the durability to withstand heavy foot traffic in a busy kitchen. Moreover, they can cope with spills and stains, so you won’t have to worry about messing up your kitchen permanently.
Regardless of the size of the kitchen, Terra-cotta tiles can work in both big and small areas. You can use it to great effect on the backsplash panel to create a fancy design for your kitchen.
Design Inspiration for Using Terra-Cotta Tiles in Country Kitchen
- Color palette: Terra-cotta blends well with cool hues. For instance, it is an excellent accompaniment for blue backgrounds, given that blue and orange are complementary colors on the color wheel and can create a balanced scheme.
- Tile patterns: Tiles come in many patterns, including hexagonal, octagonal, arabesque, and riviera. They also add dimension to any space you’re looking to spice up.
- Backsplash: For backsplash areas, there are subway walls, honeycomb, and herringbone mosaic tiles made from Terra-cotta that can add design adaptability and a homely touch to your kitchen.
- Open shelving: If you want to create a beautiful display for your country kitchen, merge Terra-cotta with open shelves.
- Cabinet interior: Using Terra-cotta to line your cabinet interior helps you produce a unique, elegant display that’ll have everyone talking.
- Accessories: To increase the cozy farmhouse environment created by your Terra-cotta tiles, simply add woven baskets, gingham cloths, and mason jars.
Care and Tips for Terra-Cotta Tiles
- Cleaning: Clean Terra-cotta tiles at least once a week using soap and warm water. Take great care not to use acidic agents on your tiles because they can break down the sealant, which may damage your kitchen surface.
- Sealing: Use the highest quality sealers to prevent staining.
- Scratch prevention: Use pads or rugs on the legs of heavy furniture when shifting them from one place to another to prevent scratches on your tiles.
- Grout protection: Use a grout brush to prevent the grout that fills crevices between your tiles from deteriorating. It also helps remove stains embedded in the grout. Additionally, avoid using too much water while cleaning the grout because it may loosen the floor and cause it to fall apart.
Terra-cotta tiles are timeless and will continue to give the country kitchen a cozy atmosphere and elegant look. They also come in many different patterns and styles and are suitable for underfloor heating.
However, to keep your tiles pristine for as long as possible, you must take extra care when cleaning them and moving furniture over them. Nonetheless, Terra-cotta tiles will do your country kitchen good, bringing a rusty charm highly valued in the “countryside.”