The emerging diet trends and the quest by many people to try ways of getting healthy have pushed many people to try out alkaline water. Drinking alkaline water has some undeniable health benefits that would perhaps make homeowners want to make it part of their daily routine at home. So, do you know how to make high alkaline water at home? It is sensible for you to start learning effective ways that will help you make this important ingredient to healthy living.
Here, we’ll explore what alkaline water is and discuss some of the benefits and probable risks that it has before taking you through the process of making high alkaline water at home.
What is Alkaline Water?
When you are learning how to make high alkaline water at home, you need to know the basics of alkaline water.
Just like all other liquids, the alkalinity of water is based on the pH (potential of hydrogen) value of the liquid. So when you will be learning about the alkaline water system, it is the alkalinity that you will be looking for. Now that you already understand that alkalinity is what determines whether water is alkaline or not, you might be wondering the correct pH value that you need to achieve.
Normal drinking water has a pH value of seven. However, alkaline water would have a pH value of about eight or nine. Therefore, the alkaline ionized water machines system that you will be using should be able to make your water’s pH value to this range.
What are the Benefits of High Alkaline Water?
Drinking alkaline water has the following benefits:
- It increases the rate of hydration. When the body stays hydrated, the temperature of the body will be regulated, the joints would have good lubrication, and it will help in preventing infections. Generally, hydration is important in keeping the body organs functioning properly
- It also helps in easing the digestion process by softening your stool
- It improves the overall health of your skin since it will have enough liquids to support its healthy growth
- It promotes good sleep, which is important for optimal body functioning
- It increases the rate of metabolism, which is also helpful in aiding weight loss. Therefore, you can benefit a lot if you are using alkaline water while on a weight loss program
- It is an anti-aging agent that protects the skin from aging fast
- It protects the body from diseases such as cancer, which are caused by free radicals. If you drink alkaline water, the alkalinity in the water neutralizes the free radicals found in the body.
These are some of the benefits that you can get when you use high alkaline water.
Risks that Might Stop You From Making Alkaline Water at Home
Here are some of the risks:
You may experience metabolic alkalosis because of drinking too much alkaline water. This may cause muscle twitching, hand tremors, and mild nausea. However, it is worth noting that it is very unlikely for one to drink this amount of alkaline water even if they have a water ionizer machine at home.
While still looking at the risks, overhydration may feature as a risk. If you are overly hydrated, it may turn out to be negative and experience confusion and seizures. Again, this is not common because it requires you to drink a lot of water that your body cannot get rid of in time.
Getting Started on Making Alkaline Water at Home
Having noted the many benefits of high alkaline water, you would want to have this water always present in your home.
Since you cannot go to water springs to get high alkaline water where there are large amounts of dissolved minerals, you can make it at home. If you have resorted to making it at home, you can use one of the following techniques.
Using Baking Soda
One of the best ways to alkalize your water is using baking soda, which has a pH of 9. For you to do it correctly, you should ensure that you mix ½ teaspoon of baking soda with 125ml water. This can help you get relief from heartburn symptoms.
Since baking soda is high in sodium, you should not take it in high amounts. Simply stick to the measurements provided. Also, remember that you should avoid baking soda if you have a health issue with sodium.
Using a Water Ionizer
If you are looking for an efficient way of making alkaline water at home, you should consider using a water ionizer. You simply need to buy the water ionizer machine to get started. The machine uses the electrolysis phenomenon that separates positive and negative electrodes in water.
So, when you put water in the water ionizer machine, it returns in two streams i.e. alkaline and acidic water in separate streams.
The reason why using the water ionizer machine is good is that you don’t have to do a lot of due diligence yet the produced water is of high quality.
Using a Water Filtration System
You can also use the basic household water filters that will help you to make high alkaline water at home. The alkaline water system that you are using at home can be simple or advanced. Regardless of the type of filtration system that you have used, it follows the process of releasing calcium and magnesium into the water to alkalize it by increasing the pH value.
Are There Other Techniques of Making High Alkaline Water at Home?
Yes, you can use other techniques at home such as:
- pH Drops: This involves using pH drops on the water to alkalize it. The pH drops have a high concentration of electrolytes and minerals. You’ll only add a couple of drops to your glass and drink the water straight away.
- Water filter pitcher: This is a water jug that has a filtration system that increases the pH value of water.
- Lemon juice: While lemon juice has a pH value of about 2 or 3, it can produce alkaline byproducts.
Of course, the final thought for many homeowners is to whether it is safe to make high alkaline water at home. So, if you have learned how to make high alkaline water at home, you should not worry about any dangers. Just stick to the instructions provided. Better still, you can just buy a water ionizer machine that will help you to make high alkaline water at home.