A faucet is a device that usually controls the flow of liquids from the pipe or container. Faucets are mainly used in kitchen and bathroom sinks. The invention of faucets goes way back in ancient times. Alexander Moen invented the device in the year 1937.
Are you tired of constant leakage of your kitchen faucet? Then worry not, as the article will help you learn how to fix a loose kitchen faucet easily. Also included are the highest quality kitchen faucets, golden faucets, touch faucets, and touchless faucets.
How Do You Fix a Loose Kitchen Faucet?
A loose faucet can lead to failure to control the water pressure or make it completely impossible to shut off the water flow completely. The problem eventually leads to flooding in the house or even damage the house, and eventually, it will lead to high water bills if not repaired or tightened. Loose kitchen faucets can be a result of;
- Wear and tear of components such as gaskets, washers, and O-ring seals.
- A loose Allen screw
- inappropriate installation
- loose kitchen faucet base
It is very important to identify your kitchen faucet’s problem before performing any repair to avoid damaging parts that do not have any defect.
The right process of fixing a loose kitchen faucet depends on the problem and the faucet design. For example, if the whole kitchen faucet is shaking, it is probably the base of the faucet that is loose, and when only the handle is loose, you need to fix the handle only, not the entire faucet.
How to Fix a Loose Faucet Base
- Create enough working space under the sink.
- Shut off the water supply and opening the faucet to confirm the supply is off.
- Unplug the drainpipe to prevent the screws, nuts, and other components from subsiding in the drain system
- Disconnect the water line under the kitchen faucet.
- Tighten the loose screws or nuts to fix back the faucet and make it firm.
- Connect the disconnected parts and open the faucet to confirm there is no leakage, and the faucet is stable.
How to Fix a Loose Faucet Handle
- Shut off the water supply and ensure the sink is clean.
- Check the design of the faucet.
- If you see a loose screw, hold the faucet firm and tighten up the screw; if the screw is not visible, remove the cup on top and tighten up the screw until the handle is stable.
- Twist the handle to ensure the handle is operating properly.
- Turn on the water supply confirms if the leakage is fixed.
Which are Some of the Best Kitchen Faucets?
Gold Kitchen Faucet
A kitchen is one of the most important places in a home. It is also the most visited place in a home, and for these reasons, there is the need to make the kitchen look more appealing. When looking for additional touch in your kitchen, a gold kitchen faucet should be the first consideration in upgrading your kitchen. Gold kitchen faucet makes your kitchen sink have an outstanding look, making the entire kitchen have a wonderful look.
Gold kitchen faucet comes in a different variety of gold, making you have options when selecting the right gold kitchen faucet in your kitchen. These varieties include;
- French gold faucet
- Matte gold faucet
- Rose gold faucet
- Brushed gold faucet
- Satin gold faucet
- Champagne gold faucet.
After choosing the right gold for your gold kitchen faucet, you have to choose the type of faucet you want. Gold kitchen faucets come in different types, which includes;
- Standard gold faucet
- Pot fillers gold faucet
- Water gold faucet
- Bar gold faucet.
- Bridge gold faucet
Choosing the right gold and the right type of gold kitchen faucet makes your kitchen have a classy look and stylish as you wish your kitchen to be.
Touch Kitchen Faucet
The kitchen faucet has for the past decades evolved with new designs and technology been developed. One of the new technology of kitchen faucets that have been developed is the touch-activated faucet. In a touch-activated faucet, you don’t have to turn on the handle to get water, all you need is to touch anywhere on the faucet’s surface, and the water is automatically turned on.
Touch kitchen faucet technology makes it easy and reduces the struggles of turning on the faucet handle. If your hands are dirty, you can use any part of the clean to touch arm; this helps to maintain the faucet clean all the time since you don’t need your dirty hands to turn on the water.
Why You Should Consider Touching the Kitchen Faucet
- Helps in water conservation.
- Maintain the kitchen clean.
- Reduces the spread of germs and bacteria, which are a result of touching the faucet handle.
- It is easy to operate.
- Touchless kitchen faucet
The touchless kitchen faucet is another technological invention introduced in the market. Touchless technology allows you to turn on the water flow without touching any part of the faucet. You only need to put your hand under the spout, and the water starts flowing, and once you remove your hand off the spout, the water flow stops automatically.
Touchless faucet technology has three main parts, which includes,
The sensor: The touchless kitchen faucet is fitted with a presence sensor that detects your hand once you place it under the spout. When you place your hand under the spout, it automatically triggers the faucet to turn on the water flow, and when you remove your hand, the water flow stops.
The valve: The touchless kitchen faucet is connected to a solenoid valve controlled by the sensor on when to turn on and when to turn off water flow.
Power source: The sensor requires power to operate. The power can be obtained from a dry cell battery or a low voltage AC.
Benefits of using touchless kitchen faucets
- It helps to reduce water wastage.
- It is more hygienic since you don’t have to touch any part for water to flow.
- Easy control of water flow.
You are likely to find the kitchen faucet in almost every kitchen that you visit. Having a kitchen faucet means reducing the doctor’s visit by reducing the spread of germs. In addition to that, you will significantly save on water and energy. It’s, therefore, an essential item in most kitchens. Besides that, it’s important to learn how to fix it. Hence it won’t be necessary to call a plumber if it something that you can fix.