It’s possible that you may have a large bag of potatoes and you want to make french fries for your kids. If you’re wondering how to cut french fries by hand then you’re in the right place. Usually, it’s easy to get french fries from the store or get frozen ones, but sometimes you have to do what it takes to get freshly prepared french fries at the comfort of your home. Life can be a lot easier when you have the right tools in the comfort of your home.
Let’s find out more about it.
Cutting French Fries By Hand And Other Ways
You can cut french fries by hand and other ways such as:
Cutting French Fries By Hand
When you cut the french fries by hand, the things you will need include a knife, a cutting board, and obviously some potatoes.
For cutting french fries by hand without any hassle, consider the following:
- Wash the potatoes thoroughly. Make sure there is no dirt on the potatoes when you wash them.
- Peel off the skin of the potatoes after you wash them! It’s important to peel the skin thoroughly. You can use a knife to peel the skin, but it’s also possible to use a peeler that you can easily buy online or from any superstore near you.
- Cut the potatoes into thin slices. You can keep the thickness of your choice. It depends on what thickness you prefer for the french fries.
- Now stack three potato slices together (or take just a single slice of potato) and cut it to make the french fries. Your knuckles will guide the knife while cutting the potato. Make sure you are being careful. You can keep the thickness of your choice. Ideally, you know how the fries look like, so it will be easy for you.
- It’s better if you are using the cutting board. Otherwise, it’ll be a little hard.
Using A French Fry Cutter
You may try to find the best french fry cutter on the market. There is a huge variety available on the market. Usually, you can easily get the manual ones as they are pretty easy to use, but require some force when cutting the fries.
Using a french fry cutter is to make life easy! When you have such products in the kitchen, you can save some time and be with the family. You can invest in such tools.
Using A Potato Slicer
You can also use a potato slicer. Just slice the potatoes and then cut the slices into wedges or thin fries. Once you slice the potato, everything else will be easy. Again, there is a huge variety of potato slicers on the market. You can opt for the one you like the most!
You can cut the fries easily when you have a tool like this at home! In fact, it can save some time. You can invest in the right tools as it will be for your own good.
Using An Electric French Fry Cutter
An electric french fry cutter can be a life-saver especially if you run a restaurant or have kids who are fond of potatoes. You can opt for any electric french fry cutter from the market that has good ratings.
Using an electric french fry cutter can be a life-changer too! When you look at things from the perspective of saving some time, it will be easy to make a final decision.
Tips to Getting Fresh French Fries
Keep the following tips in mind when preparing the french fries:
- You can wash the french fries in cold water if you don’t want them to oxidize.
- You can sprinkle little cornflour to make it crunchy after boiling it a little. Once it cools down, you can fry the french fries.
- You can sprinkle salt on the french fries to enhance the taste.
- It’s important to wash the potatoes thoroughly before peeling the skin.
- Make sure you are being careful when preparing the fries as you would be dealing with oil.
- Some people prepare french fries in the oven or air fryer. It takes less oil.
You can also buy french fries from your favorite restaurant. It’s important that you eat healthily and maintain an active lifestyle. It’s okay to enjoy your favorite food every once in a while, but don’t make it a norm. If you are preparing french fries at home, it could be a hassle if you have no idea what to do! It’s a good idea to watch the tutorials so that you would know what to expect.
Wrapping It Up
Now that you know how to cut french fries by hand without any hassle, it will be easy for you to prepare fries during lunch. It will be fun to enjoy french fries with a burger or sandwich. You can use the equipment for your ease too! It’s your choice. You can decide what works best for you! Also, check out the tools that can be of help in the kitchen as they can save your time. When you are cooking fast, you will be able to spend more time with the family!