The reason why air fryers have become very popular in recent years is that it cooks fast and with very little or oil but still delivers crispy, crunchy, and tasty food. However, you may still find some grease leftovers on the fryers basket, especially if you are cooking meat or any other food that has a lot of fat. Grease left on the fryer basket can alter the taste of your food if it is cleaned thoroughly. So if you want to keep enjoying fresh, mouthwatering crispy food form your Best Air Fryer, then you ensure that it is sparkling clean all the time. The good news is that cleaning grease from the air fryer basket is not difficult because this unit does not require you to submerge the food in oil. Cleaning the air fryer basket, therefore, consumes less of your time. Additionally, air fryers baskets are dishwasher safer and have a unique coat that helps to prevent sticking of food, thus making cleaning easy. In this post, we are going to give you tips on how to clean grease from the air fryer basket.
Step by step process on how to clean grease from air fryer basket
Step 1: Unplug the device from the wall socket
Before you start cleaning your air fryer basket, the first thing that you need to do is unplug the air fryer from the wall socket and give it time to cool down completely before you start cleaning. This is important as it helps to prevent the risk of injury caused by electrocution or damage to the unit. This may sound obvious to many, but we have to reiterate because most people tend to forget unplugging the unit from the wall socket before cleaning, especially when they are in a hurry.
Step 2: Gently remove the air fryer basket and clean it
The next step is removing the air fryer basket from the unit and cleaning it thoroughly to remove grease that has stuck include inside. To effectively remove grease that has stuck inside the basket, experts recommend that you soak it in hot water for about 20 minutes then cleaning it with soap to remove the remaining grease and other food particles. Use a nonabrasive scriber sponge or a microfiber cloth to clean the air fryer food basket thoroughly.
If your air fryer basket is dishwasher safe, then you can drop it in the dishwasher. Please read the manufacturer’s instructions first to find out if it is dishwasher safe. Other parts of the air fryer that can be washed in a dishwasher include the pan and tray. Give your air fryer bask time to dry before you attach it to the unit.
Step 3: Clean the air fryer interior
Grease can also spill over into the air fryer’s interior. It is, therefore, essential to clean it before you attach the air fryer basket. Use hot soapy water and a nonabrasive sponge or soft cloth to clean the air fryer interiors to remove grease, and any food particles stuck inside. Turn the air fryer upside down for easy cleaning; you can also use a food brush with soft bristles to remove grease and particles stuck inside.
Step 4: Wipe the exterior
Your cleaning is not complete without cleaning the air fryer exterior. Use a sponge or moist clothe and mild detergent to wipe out the air fryer s exterior.
Additional cleaning tips:
– Avoid using heavy cleaner, bleaches or glass cleaners to clean the air fryer basket
– Avoid overfilling your air fryer basket. When you put a lot of food in the air fryer, the food will not be as good as you want it to be. Additionally, the food will also cook for a longer time, and more grease and other food particles will get stuck on the air fryer basket.
– Make sure you clean the pan, try, and frying basking as directed by the manufacturer. This will not only ensure that they are thoroughly, but you will also clean them safely, thus increase their lifespan.
– Always clean your air fryer basket after each use. This will help prevent the buildup of grease from accumulate food particles. Cleaning it immediately after use will also make the entire cleaning process easy and fast.
– Please allows your air fryer basket and other accessories such as the tray and pan to dry completely before attaching them to the fryer. This will help prevent damaging the unit.
– Don’t immerse the unit in water. Instead, remove the individual parts (the pan, try and air fryer basket) and clean them
– Don’t insert your air fryer basket in dishwasher for cleaning if it is not dishwasher safe
– Whether it is stubborn food particles or grease buildup that you are trying to remove from your air fryer basket, please don’t use materials that are made of metal or sharp objects to remove them. Air fryer basket has a nonstick coating, and using sharp objects such as metal could remove this crucial coating, making it challenging to transfer food from the air fryer basket to the tray.
In conclusion, cleaning a Dash Air Fryer is not difficult; you only need to follow simple instructions given above. Please ensure that you clean the air fryer basket after every use to prevent grease buildup.