Are you tired of the bad smell in your microwave? Seriously, it’s hard to reheat anything because of that smell! Are you wondering how to clean a smelly microwave? If so, you’re in the right place.
There can be tons of things on your mind, but you’re trying your best to keep your microwave in a top-notch condition. The good news is that it’s possible to clean your microwave. In fact, it’s important that you’re keeping your microwave clean to avoid any kind of unpleasant or distinctive smell.
Let’s find out how you can clean a smelly microwave in easy and cost-effective ways.
4 Tips On How to Clean A Smelly Microwave
It doesn’t matter whether you’re using the best microwave oven in the market, bad smell can still be an issue. You bought a microwave to make life easier for you, but now you’re wondering how to get rid of the odor. Consider the following:
#1. How to Clean Smelly Microwave with Baking Soda
Yes, it’s that simple! All you have to do is grab a packet of baking soda from the grocery store (or maybe you already have it in the kitchen). The smallest microwave oven can be much easier to clean for you!
Open the box of baking soda and place it in the microwave overnight. Voila!
You can wipe the microwave with a damp paper towel and then later use a dry one to thoroughly clean it.
Try this method and see if it helps with the bad smell. However, if it doesn’t work out for you then there are other ways to get rid of that odor.
#2. How to Clean Smelly Microwave with Citrus Fruits
Well, you can definitely opt between orange and lemon! So pick your favorite and cut it in half.
- You can place oranges in a bowl and fill it with 2 cups of water.
- Make sure the bowl is microwave safe. Now heat it in the microwave for 4 minutes, but make sure the water isn’t boiling.
- Leave it in the microwave overnight!
- Now for the lemons, consider the following:
- You can leave the lemon slices dipped in 2 cups of water in a bowl overnight.
The microwave now can have a fruity smell, but if you like it then why not!
#3. How to Clean Smelly Microwave with White Vinegar
It’s also possible to use white vinegar to get rid of the smell! It doesn’t matter whether you have a countertop convection microwave or any other, odor is not welcome at all!
- Just mix 1 Tbsp of vinegar in half a cup of water. Make sure you’re using a microwave-safe bowl.
- Heat it for 2 minutes.
- Now leave the mixture in the microwave for about 15 minutes.
Check if it helps! It’s important to see what works for you as there are tons of methods that you can try to get rid of the unwanted smell.
#4. How to Get Rid of Smelly Microwave with Coffee
You sure do love coffee! Who doesn’t? But do you know it can help in getting rid of the smelly smell! Yes, you heard that right. The fresh coffee aroma is maybe your favorite. If so, you’ll definitely want to try this method.
All you need to do is mix 2 Tbsp of ground coffee in a half cup of water. Just be sure that you’re using a microwave-safe bowl.
Heat it for about 10 minutes, but at regular intervals of 2 minutes. You have to be sure that this coffee mixture is not boiling and creating a mess for you in the microwave. After 10 minutes, you can notice a difference in the smell. If it doesn’t work for you, try an alternate method.
Tips to Keep In Mind for Cleaning A Smelly Microwave
Consider the following tips:
- Don’t wait too long to clean your microwave. The sooner the better! Always keep your microwave clean so that you don’t have to go through much hassle.
- Focus on cleaning the interior section and the doors of the microwave. These parts are easily ignored.
- If your microwave looks bad, it’s time to thoroughly clean it first. There could be food particles inside causing all the smell. Make sure you clean your microwave once a week.
- You can clean your microwave with a damp paper towel at the end of the day. If you’re busy, try cleaning every other day. Clean it thoroughly once a week. It’s tedious but will be worth the effort.
Try the above-mentioned methods and see what works for you.
Wrapping It Up
Knowing how to clean a smelly microwave can help you get rid of that unwanted smell. In fact, you can share your ideas with others too. Who knows, people in your family might come to you for more magic tricks to get rid of the bad smells in the microwave! Also, keep in mind what works for one person might not work for the other. Try the methods mentioned above and see what works for you. Share it in the comments.
Good luck in cleaning your microwave!