- 1 Introduction
- 2 Top 10 Best Chef Knife Under 50 Reviews Features
- 2.1 1. Victorinox – 47602 Swiss Army Cutlery Fibrox Pro Curved Boning Knife
- 2.2 2. Mercer Culinary Genesis Forged Carving Knife
- 2.3 3. TUO Cutlery Slicing Carving Knife
- 2.4 4. MAIRICO Ultra Sharp Premium 11-inch Stainless Steel Carving Knife
- 2.5 5. Victorinox Swiss Army Cutlery Fibrox Pro Curved Breaking Knife
- 2.6 6. Zelite Infinity Cleaver Knife 7 Inch
- 2.7 7. Kessaku Slicing Carving Knife
- 2.8 8. Professional 100% German Steel Knife 10 inch Carving Knife
- 2.9 9. ICEL 12-inch Blade Granton Edge Meat Slicing Knife
- 2.10 10. 14-inch Blade Granton Edge Meat Slicing Knife
- 3 Buying Guide For The Best Chef Knife Under 50
- 4 Frequently Asked Question FAQs:
- 5 Final Words
Whether you are an aspiring chef, someone who loves to cook, or that person who goes in the kitchen for survival, a knife is an important accessory to have on hand. There are so many brands and styles of chef’s knives available,it can be hard to know which is the best to get. You don’t want to spend hundreds nor do you want a cheap knife that will be rusted in a few weeks. We are here to help you find the best chef knife in terms of quality and affordability. Our reviews and buying guide will help you find out which is the best chef knife under 50 for you.
Top 10 Best Chef Knife Under 50 Reviews Features
1. Victorinox – 47602 Swiss Army Cutlery Fibrox Pro Curved Boning Knife
The Victorinox 47602 is made from high carbon, stainless steel using a unique tempering process to create an edge that can be resharpened as many times as you need. The handle is ergonomically designed to support natural wrist movements which means you will not feel any tension. The sure-grip handle also makes sure you never lose the knife while using it even when cutting into greasy meats. The blade and handle are durable and can withstand wear and tear over time. It is also dishwasher safe and NSF approved.
- High carbon steel construction for flexibility and durability
- Sharp blade for boning meats and poultry as well as fish
- Conical grind for close to the bone cutting
- Ergonomic handle for long-term use
- Warranty covers materials and workmanship only
2. Mercer Culinary Genesis Forged Carving Knife
The Mercer Culinary Genesis knife is durable, comfortable, and efficient for all cutting. The single blade is made from high-carbon German steel.Non-slip handles are perfectly balanced with a taper-grind edge, making the knife easy to hold and use. The ergonomic shape of the knife improves efficiency and safety when cutting or carving any type of meat.
- Santoprene sanitary material
- Stable and sharp tapered edge for easy honing
- High-carbon steel to resist rust and stains
- Comfortable to hold and non-slip
- Long-lasting sharpness
- Needs to be sharpened more frequently than other knives
3. TUO Cutlery Slicing Carving Knife
One of the most affordable yet reliable chef knives is the TUO slicing knife. The flexible, non-stick blade is perfect for slicing, de-boning, trimming, and carving. The German stainless steel blade is durable and rust-resistant, as well as long-lasting. The ergonomic handle is easy to grip and the non-slip handle means the knife will not slip out of your hands when in use. The sleek elegance of this knife is a great addition to any kitchen.
- 9-inch handle which is easy to grip
- Useful for a variety of foods and cutting styles
- Flexible yet sturdy blade
- Debris can collect at the base of the blade
4. MAIRICO Ultra Sharp Premium 11-inch Stainless Steel Carving Knife
MARICO is a name you can trust in knives. This premium 11-inch blade is ultra-sharp and designed to cut through most foods. The longer handle makes it easy to hold and maneuver and it is not heavy or cumbersome in your hand. The perfectly balanced knife allows for even cuts every time and the surface will not dull or rust. You also get a firm grip thanks to the ergonomic handle on one of the most versatile chef knives on the market.
- Ultra-sharp blade
- Ergonomic design with a firmer grip
- Built to last and rust-resistant
- Stainless steel surface is easy to clean
- More expensive than other knives
- Difficult to sharpen
5. Victorinox Swiss Army Cutlery Fibrox Pro Curved Breaking Knife
The Victorinox curved breaking knife is perfect for all butchering. You can easily break down any meat into smaller pieces and slices. The wider blade gives more weight to the blade making uniform slicing easier to achieve. Use this knife for both small and large kitchen tasks and be assured of long-lasting durability and sharpness. The ergonomic Fibrox Pro handle is also easy to grip and non-slip for your safety.
- High quality construction
- Perfectly balanced
- Comfortable to grip
- Maintains its edge for a long time
- Slices smoothly
- Inconvenient to wash
- The blade has the tendency to flex
- Cannot go against bone
6. Zelite Infinity Cleaver Knife 7 Inch
The smaller 7-inch blade works as efficiently as larger blades, is rust-resistant and suited for rugged use all the time. The hand polished blade reduces resistance when cutting and the weight of the blade allows for precision cutting. The G-10 glass/fabric reinforced epoxy resin handle provides a solid and comfortable grip every time you use it. The Zelite Infinity Cleaver is professional, reliable, and built to last.
- Great design and construction
- Well-distributed balance
- Great for heavy-duty use
- May be too heavy for some people
7. Kessaku Slicing Carving Knife
As part of their “Samurai Series”, this blade from Kessaku is a popular and reliable 12-inch blade. The forged carbon stainless steel blade is rust and corrosion resistant as well as rounded at the tip. The blade is razor sharp to give you a precise cut every time. The beautiful mirror-polished handle is easy and comfortable to grip and is heat, cold, and moisture resistant.
- Made from superior carbon stainless steel
- Long blade with a round tip
- Full tang with stainless steel end cap
- Finger protective bolster
- You need an extra sheath or protective cover for safe storage
8. Professional 100% German Steel Knife 10 inch Carving Knife
When you want a professional blade, this is the one to get. The 10-inch high-grade steel blade is dishwasher safe, razor sharp, and rust-resistant. This knife gives you the versatility you need allowing you to work with ease and accuracy. It is perfect for making jerky. You get consistent and accurate cuts every time, and an easy-to-hold handle for your comfort. The three times riveted handle ensures you never lose your grip and your cuts stay precise.
- Consistent and precise cuts
- Ergonomic handle with finger grooves for comfort
- Perfect for slicing jerky
- Slip resistant
- Lack of versatility
- Short handle
9. ICEL 12-inch Blade Granton Edge Meat Slicing Knife
The special construction of this blade allows for balance and a comfortable grip. The long and narrow blade makes each cut effortlessly and as thinly sliced as you desire. You can make consistent and even strokes every time rather than hacking away at the meat. The blade is durable and stain-resistant so will last a long time. The knife is also ice tempered which contributes to the long-lasting sharpness of the blade. To get the best out of this blade, it should be hand washed only.
- High-quality construction for easy cutting
- Long-lasting sharpness
- Stain-free blade
- Made from up-market materials
- Not dishwasher safe
10. 14-inch Blade Granton Edge Meat Slicing Knife
This 14-inch Granton Edge slicing knife from ICEL comes with a sharp blade and a safe rounded tip. You can cut most meats with the long, straight edge knowing that the Granton edge will prevent meat from sticking to the blade. The bolsterless edge makes this blade easy to sharpen when needed and the blade is stamped from cold-rolled steel so will last a lifetime. This blade is also corrosion and rust resistant and NSF approved.
- Razor sharp blade
- Professional quality construction
- Rust resistant
- Long blade
- Not dishwasher safe
Buying Guide For The Best Chef Knife Under 50
Above is a list for you to choose the best chef knife under 50 that you can get. But before you buy, it is important to consider a few characteristics, so you can get the perfect chef knife for your needs and your kitchen.
The material of the blade is one of the most important aspects when it comes to choosing a chef knife. Generally the best knives will be made from carbon stainless steel alloys. Make sure the carbon percentage is over 0.3. This quality of steel will be more durable and resistant to damage.
Beyond the material, the sharpness and hardness of the blade also matters. You need to pay attention to how the blade is forged. The Rockwell rating is the most commonly used way of measuring blades and on this scale you want to get a blade that is between 56 and 58. This will ensure that the blade maintains its sharpness over many uses.
Ease of Cleaning
When cutting meats there will be oils and juices everywhere. Meat will even stick to the blade. This means you will want a blade that is easy to clean. Most blades are dishwasher-friendly and this will help reduce the cleaning efforts on your part. It is advised to always wipe the blades clean before washing.
To many people, the handle is the determining factor in just how good a knife is. If you use a knife frequently, the last thing you want is sore hands or injury. Ergonomic handles prevent this and make it comfortable and easy to work with a knife. You also want to look for a non-slip grip to avoid losing the knife during use.
It is important to have a chef knife that can be used for multiple tasks. You want to be able to chop, slice, carve, dice, and more with the same blade. Many chef knives on the market today are versatile, which makes your work in the kitchen even easier.
This is an important feature to look for if you are a beginner. A finger guard will protect against accidental injury until you get used to knife techniques.
Weight and Balance
Lightweight knives will be easier to handle than heavier ones. The weight of the knife will depend on the materials used as well as the size. There are durable and sturdy chef knives under 50 that are lightweight, so you do not always have to pick the heaviest knife to get the best one. Pick a knife that feels balanced in your hand and is easy to hold.
Even though a blade in under 50 does not mean it is poor quality. It is a good idea to look for a chef knife that comes with a warranty. Even the sharpest and toughest blades can get damaged and you will want to look for one that will be replaced under warranty, should this occur.
Frequently Asked Question FAQs:
Below are answers to some of the most frequently asked questions that are posed when it comes to buying a chef knife under 50.
Q: How long will the knife last?
Ans: In most cases, the knife will last a long time. Depending on the metal and quality of construction, most will be rust resistant and durable.
Q: What is an ergonomic handle?
Ans: An ergonomic handle refers to the design of the handle. It will be designed in a way that minimizes stress on the hands and wrist. This is a style you will want to look for when you use knives for a long period of time.
Q: What is carbon steel and is it beneficial?
Ans: Carbon steel is steel that contains carbon up to a specific percentage in weight. Ideally you want to get a percentage of 0.3 for the most sturdy and robust blade.
Q: Are cheaper knives less sharp?
Ans: Many knives on the market under 50 will be made from cheaper materials but this is not always the case. We have provided 10 of the best chef knives under 50 for you. You want to look for blades that are heat-treated, precision-forged and razor sharp.
Q: Will a knife under 50 be sufficient for professional use?
Ans: At this price range, you can find a chef knife that will work for professional use. Any of the top 10 we recommend above are examples of professional-grade chef knives that will be great for any kitchen or restaurant.
Cutlery is an essential part of any kitchen and a knife is a particularly useful tool to have on hand. But you do not want just any knife. You need a chef knife that will be durable, long-lasting, precise, and safe to use. Our guide to the best chef knife under 50 gives you the items to shop for and the buying guide to help your decision making process. With our guide, you will get a chef knife that is truly a cut above the rest.
Best Deals Chef Knife Under 50 For This Week
|1||Victorinox Fibrox Pro Knife, 8-Inch Chef's FFP, 8 Inch, Black||$31.59||Buy on Amazon|
|2||imarku Chef Knife - Pro Kitchen Knife 8 Inch Chefs knife High Carbon German Stainless Steel Sharp...||$39.99 $29.99||Buy on Amazon|
|3||Professional Chef Knife, 8 Inch Pro Kitchen Knife, German High Carbon Stainless Steel Knife with...||$25.88 $22.88||Buy on Amazon|
Related Review Article: