“Rice is life” – a typical statement made by individuals residing in Asian countries. Rice has been essential and a typical edible food being served at every meal. There are also several different ways to prepare it, including boiling, steaming, and frying. More than half of all people living in this world rely on it as their main energy source.
The amount of protein, iron, manganese, fiber and vitamin B in rice varies depending on the strain. It can thus be quite important in the fight against malnutrition. One of the most highly nutritious varieties of rice is the Sunlee jasmine rice. Before digging into Sunlee jasmine rice, here are the things that you did not know yet about thai rice.
10 Things You Didn’t Know About Thai Rice
Thai rice is regarded as superior to other types because it can hold its moisture content, nutrients, and flavor for a long time after cooking. More so, due to its inherently fragrant qualities, Thai rice is referred to as “Kao Hom Mali” (Jasmine-scented Rice). Given the superior flavor and quality of jasmine rice, it is no surprise that there are a lot of Thailand rice suppliers, and the country itself is considered the world’s top exporter of grain. In fact, Sunlee Jasmine Rice is one of the most trusted and highly recommended suppliers of this type of rice.
In connection, here are the top 10 things you did not know yet about thai rice:
- Nearly 60% of Thai farmers grow rice, making it one of the country’s main crops. Thailand is one of the world’s largest exporters of rice and dedicates half of its farmed acreage to the crop. One of the most reliable Thailand Rice Suppliers is Sunlee Jasmine Rice. And since each person in Thailand consumes approximately 115 kilograms (or 253 pounds) of rice annually, this makes another one of the country’s basic foods.
- The most well-known and widely-consumed variety of rice in Thailand is Thai jasmine rice. This long-grain rice, which is mostly farmed in Thailand and other Southeast Asian nations, is stickier and softer when cooked than other varieties of long-grain rice. When jasmine rice isn’t packaged or labeled, it’s also known as hom mali, which is its Thai name. This can be easily purchased from the Thailand Rice Supplier, Sunlee Jasmine Rice.
- Unquestionably, rice is essential. Numerous Thai cuisines use rice as a fundamental component. In fact, this grain is such a crucial component of the community’s culture. Thailand’s rice exporting started in the 1960s and has a wide variety of rice farmed and consumed.
- The only variety of jasmine rice that can be obtained in Thailand is Thai Hom mali rice. The rice’s green and gold government-issued authenticity mark from Thailand ensures its superior grade. The distinctive white hue of Thai hom mali rice resembles the jasmine flower. Hence, Sunlee Jasmine Rice ensures to only provide authentic premium quality rice.
- Red Hom Mali Rice, which has a significantly lower glycaemic index (GI) than other rice varieties and is excellent for diabetics as it maintains low blood sugar levels.
- In Thailand, where it is a staple food and one of the greatest exporters, jasmine rice, often referred to as hom mali, “fragrant rice,” was created in the 1950s. Jasmine rice comes in both white and brown varieties and is prized for its sweet, nutty flavor and light, delicate texture. As a wholegrain, brown jasmine rice offers more fiber and nutrients than white jasmine rice, which, when cooked, has a softer, slightly sticky feel.
- All of the country’s provinces grow rice (more than 58 provinces). The Central Plains are referred regarded be Thailand’s “rice bowl” despite the fact that more than 50% of the country’s total rice-growing lands are in the northeast.
- Due to its light and fluffy texture, delicate flavor, and strong fragrance when cooked, jasmine rice is favored by many Thai households over other types. The fragrant rice is grown over practically the entire country of Thailand.
- Thailand’s season for growing rice typically begins in May. Showers appear around this time, indicating the end of the dry season, and farmers get ready to plant rice once more as one annual cycle comes to an end and another starts.
- The nutritional components of Thai Hom Mali rice also include minerals like iron, calcium, and phosphorus, as well as vitamins like B1, B2, and Niacin.
Health Benefits of Jasmine Rice
Rice is highly nutritious and high in fiber and vitamin B1. It is gluten-free because it lacks gluten and contains B2, niacin, carbohydrates, and protein. It is rich in calcium, phosphorus, and iron, among other minerals. It doesn’t include gluten and offers B2, niacin, carbohydrates, and protein, making it non-allergenic. It contains large amounts of minerals like calcium, phosphorus, and iron.
Jasmine rice has a number of positive health effects, such as:
- It Boosts Immunity. Jasmine rice, which is abundant in phytonutrients, is available in a range of vivid hues, such as red, purple, and blue. Phytonutrients protect your body’s cells, boosting your immune system and overall wellness. This is a food option that is nourishing.
- It promotes Healthy Pregnancy. Folic acid is abundant in Thai jasmine rice. Folic acid has been linked to promoting healthy pregnancies when taken before conception and during the first trimester. In particular, regular folic acid intake has been linked to a decreased incidence of birth defects and anomalies of the neural tube. Jasmine rice is, therefore, a sensible decision to make both before and throughout pregnancy.
- It Increases the Amount of Iron. Iron content in meals is increased by using Thai Jasmine rice. Iron is essential for providing your tissues with the oxygen they need to function properly, which in turn helps fuel your active lifestyle by supporting your cells in producing energy that is helpful to you. Since the iron in your diet also strengthens your immune system, it is a smart idea to include The Best Jasmine rice in your diet during the cold and flu season.
- It Gives Energy. Jasmine rice will help you get through your bulking-up exercises. As a result, you can notice a momentary boost in energy. 180 calories are in one cup of cooked jasmine rice. The carbohydrates in the rice are converted into energy. This energy will provide your body strength. Therefore, if you’re looking to gain weight or maybe simply get a short boost of energy, jasmine rice can be a great choice.
Why Should You Choose Sunlee Jasmine Rice?
Rice is important due to its nutritional and life-giving benefits. However, there might be difficult to look for authentic and trusted brands of rice since there are a lot of Thailand rice suppliers. Good thing there’s Sunlee Jasmine Rice that only provides what people truly deserve. Here are the following reasons why you should buy sunlee jasmine rice:
- The Thai Hom Mali jasmine rice is a famous rice variety due to its delectably fragrant aroma and is grown in and sustainably harvested from Thailand by experienced growers and local farmers. The cooked rice smells amazing, with a delicate buttery and floral undertone.
- The healthiest choice is Thai rice. For vegans and vegetarians, this long-grain rice is a fantastic source of protein (4g per serving) and carbohydrates (39g per serving). Additionally, devoid of gluten and artificial tastes, is jasmine white rice.
- Thai rice is ideal for everyday meals or special dishes because it cooks up tender, moist, and silky soft.
- Thai white rice has a sweet and savory flavor that goes well with a wide variety of foods, including Indian, Thai, Filipino, and Japanese curries. Additionally, you may combine it with stir-fried vegetables or make your own fried rice or Chao fan.
- Thai rice is very easy to cook. Just put water and a little salt in a pot after washing the rice. Bring it to a boil, then turn down the heat and cover. Jasmine white rice should be cooked for 12 to 15 minutes at low heat. After that, turn off the heat, and you’re prepared to serve!
Rice is undeniably the basic food served on the table in Asian countries. With Thai rice, a variety of delectable dishes are offered. This will not only provide you with the most stomach gratification, but it will also support your efforts to stay fit and healthy.
In Asian nations, rice does in fact, influence one’s appetite and level of meal satisfaction. You must take into account a variety of rice when deciding which dish goes best with it. This rice should not only be visually beautiful due to its texture, but it should also enable you to eat scrumptious meals and maintain a healthy weight.
In looking for a trusted, commendable, and quality-assured Thai Rice Supplier. Thai Lee Agriculture makes sure to exclusively select the best raw materials from millers all throughout Thailand. To ensure that the rice meets our standards and your satisfaction, samples of every truckload of rice that enters its factory are sent to the lab for testing on purity, moisture, whiteness, broken percentage, and cooked texture. This rice is sourced from some of the top rice-growing regions in the world.